Offer: AD&D Player's Handbook (w/pic) - CLOSED

This forum is for members to trade or sell gaming related items. This forum is intended for personal transactions, not publisher or retail transactions, which instead should be advertised in the Advertisements forum.

Offer: AD&D Player's Handbook (w/pic) - CLOSED

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:39 pm

I have an extra copy of the old Player's Handbook, 3rd printing, 1979.

It's in good condition, and I'd be interested in trading for it for a copy of one of the other 1st edition hardbacks in similar condition. Deities, Demigods & Heroes, the Dungeon Master's Guide with the original cover (the efreet holding the damsel in distress), or Monster Manual II would be my first choices, but I'd be open to other suggestions, including a duplicate module or two you might be looking to trade.

Please PM me if interested.
Last edited by tumblingdice on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Re: Offer: AD&D Player's Handbook (w/pic)

Postby bat » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:55 am

That is a gorgeous copy. If you ever plan on selling it I would be interested in buying it from you.
bat

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:28 am

I'll keep you in mind, Bat. I'd rather trade than sell, though. Any duplicates you're looking to trade?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby bat » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:28 pm

I don't have a lot of luck with ebay and try to keep two copies of each book (one for show and one for blow) so honestly I have duplicates of the MM2 and Dungeoneers Survival Guide, but would be too ashamed to offer those to trade for such a neat copy of the PHB.
bat

Postby jasmith » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:11 pm

If you get no takers here, I'd head over to the Acaeum:

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/index.php

You could probably get an appraisal, trading offer, or whatever. According to their current values, a 3rd printing PH is worth between $7. and $27., those being the low and high condition extremes. Average condition would be $16 - $20. (I don't know how up to date that info is, though so I'd ask the guys over there.)

Since you're looking for other AD&D HC's, if you're patient and learn your way around ebay, you can get snag em all, rather cheaply. There's a lot of people looking to rip others off, though so be careful.

You can pick up a decent Efreet DMG for about $10 + a reasonable shipping charge. Look for an auction with a pic of the actual item, not a stock picture. You'll want a copy with the little wizard logo in the bottom right of the front, not the moon-face. The moon-face logo ones are the printings where TSR stopped sewing the bindings.
jasmith

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks, Jasmith. I didn't know about the differences in logos and bindings and such.

Truth be told, I own a later copy of the DM's guide--without the efreet--so I don't really need one. I should probably focus on other books I don't have.

It figures that I got rid of all my stuff in 2005, after not using it for 15 years, only to discover LL in 2009. A guy can only kick himself so much, though, right? :D
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:53 am

Hey Jasmith - I read your post and I've tried to find a pic w/the "moon face" but I can only find the 'Wizard' You wouldn't happen to have a 'moon face' pic, would ya?

I'm going to list my duplicate modules soon.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby jasmith » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:16 pm

connivingsumo wrote:Hey Jasmith - I read your post and I've tried to find a pic w/the "moon face" but I can only find the 'Wizard' You wouldn't happen to have a 'moon face' pic, would ya?

I'm going to list my duplicate modules soon.

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/setpages/dmg.html

They have pics of several DMG printings, including a "moon face" 7th printing.
jasmith

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:01 pm

I checked my other copy of the PHB and it has a moon face. Looks like I should offer that one for trade instead, and keep this one.
tumblingdice

Return to Trading Forum