Game thread 1 - Starry Nights in Aquitaine

Scalydemon's p-b-p LL game

Moderator: Scalydemon

Re: Game thread 1 - Starry Nights in Aquitaine

Postby kwll » Sun May 20, 2012 6:46 am

Zavenorrin approaches the dark wood door at the back cautiously to examine it and says in a serious, thoughtful tone: "Leon, maybe you should have a look at this first?"
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Turin, cleric

I'll help check it out, Turin says, mace in once hand, holy symbol in the other.
greyarea

Postby Jeffery St. Clair » Sun May 20, 2012 11:15 pm

After the frogs are all dead, Leon will carefully examine the door for anything out of the ordinary - tripwires, hidden catches or switches, the usual traps - and if he finds none, he'll allow someone else to open the door. If he does find something, he will bring out his tools and work on disarming the nuisance.
Jeffery St. Clair

Postby Scalydemon » Mon May 21, 2012 7:31 pm

3:30pm
You get done slashing yellow Toad throats and leave the beasts to bleed out and collect flies in the swamp

A group of you approach the back door to the squat black Temple. The door has a heavy chain and padlock. Leon the thief attempts to find/remove traps (behind the scenes roll d100) , he finds no traps. The heavy padlock and chains securing the door appear very old and have some rust but are still serviceable.

Leon attempts to pick the lock, rolls a 28, success! He hears the familiar sound of the tumbler disengaging within the locking mechanism. The padlock slides open and the rusty chain falls limply to clang on the ground in front of the door.

Turin steps in and creaks the door open. Sunlight from outside filters into a small 10- x 10' dark room, moldy dark green cloaks hang on hooks set into the 2 dark stone side walls of the room. There is a coating of translucent green slimey residue covering the floor and some of the walls. You can see items that were made from wood that have been mostly dissolved, the remnants of a stool, and a bench. A door is on the far wall in front of you. The wall is of stone, but the door is wooden and shows the same signs of slimey decay. It looks rotted to the point that you could kick it down with one kick.

Past where the sunlight filters in it is dark and eerily quiet within the Temple.

What are your next actions?

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby greyarea » Tue May 22, 2012 12:04 am

Turin, cleric

This place has turned profane. It looks too rotten to reconsecrate, I think. That greenish slime worries me....
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Tue May 22, 2012 2:25 am

Eggi

Laughs in agreement with Turin, "Heh! All me years in the underbelly o'the earth... never did get used to slimy!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby kwll » Tue May 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Zavenorrin brings out a flask of oil from his backpack, then asks around: "I agree: this slime is not inviting at all. Let's see what it is made of... Does anybody have something we could use to put up a fire?"
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Vargr1105 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Balfa answers to Zavenorrin: "I left all my gear with my beasts of burden. Wait while and I will bring some torches and flint."

The dwarfs speed back to where is pony and mule lie with the rest of the animals. Going through the saddle bags he selects two torches and some flint and steel. He also dons his basque scimitar, shield and an empty backpack whose loop he throws under one arm.

He then heads back to rejoin his companions and passes the torches and flint to the elf.
Vargr1105

Postby connivingsumo » Wed May 23, 2012 12:09 am

kwll wrote:Zavenorrin ... Does anybody have something we could use to put up a fire?"[/color]

Eggi
"Right here friend - I keep me flint-n-tinder in me pouch!" but Eggi nods to Balfa at the idea of having some torches - encouraging him to go and grab'em.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Fools Jest » Wed May 23, 2012 12:37 am

Immalor, Elf

Glances up at the ceiling to see if the slimy substance coats it as well. If so he will warn the others in the group.

"A cleanse may do this hovel well, I do not like the look of this place. Lets try not to ignite the entire place if we do this...yes?"
Fools Jest

PreviousNext

Return to Night of the Walking Wet