North Passage

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: North Passage

Postby greyarea » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:37 am

tumblingdice wrote:OC: Let's hope his new found Charisma doesn't turn him into a complete jerk.

High Charisma and jerkiness are antithetical. Charisma <> comeliness.
greyarea

Postby kjc » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:54 am

badams30 wrote:Grimes - Fighter
..being that you are probably more of an expert on oiled cylindrical objects than I am...

Oh no he did'nt! :o :lol: :lol:

He smirks and mutters in a sarcastic, nasally tone: "Grimes could be smaller, more disgusting... but I feel strangely attracted to him... blah blah blah..."
When I first read this, I thought Grimes was confessing his attraction/lust for Castinus! :lol:
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:42 am

greyarea wrote:
tumblingdice wrote:OC: Let's hope his new found Charisma doesn't turn him into a complete jerk.

High Charisma and jerkiness are antithetical. Charisma <> comeliness.

True. I thought of that after I wrote it. What I was going for was that his magnetism might become overwhelming. Like Don Pedro in Much Ado About Nothing. Beatrice spurns his advances, telling him that his Grace is too costly to wear every day.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:39 am

I disagree with you, tumblingdice, but not enough to make a case of it. An excellent example of high charisma is Bill Clinton. People might hate his politics or dispose the man for their own reasons, but report after report states that no matter how much you dislike him, you cannot help but be charmed by him in person and everyone comes from him saying how much they like him personally even if they still hold the same positions politically or otherwise.

So, does Castinus attempt to pick the lock or does Grimes send in the flesh golem?
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Castinus, who did not--have--...--relations--with Number Nine, attempts to pick the lock.

OC: You're right. President Clinton visited the city of Keene twice when I was at college. We all stood around in the freezing cold weather to see him, and would probably do so again. You can't deny his personal magnetism.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Thief skill [1d100] = 41
Castinus pulls his thieves' tools and fiddles with the locking mechanism. With a satisfying click the lock is foiled.

The door is still closed and Castinus returns to his place in the order of march.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 43/46
--Furuk 37/51
Dieter 27/27 <Stinking Cloud, Fireball x2>
--Dandy 30/33 <CLW x2, Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Remove Curse, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic>
Castinus 34/34
--Shaelyyndenel 21/21 <Burning Hands, Charm Person, Continual Light, Stinking Cloud>
Einar 11/11

Number Nine
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:06 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes motions toward big and fleshy and says "I vote we send him in, and then Furuk and I come right on his heels." He smiles and says "Just a thought."

OOC: If it's a no on Fleshy, then Grimes will blow in with shock and awe, ready to chop the legs of anyone potentially inside...
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Dieter - Mage

That sounds like a wise use of the big guy. He will say to Grimes.

OCC: A opposite example of the charisma/comeliness argument would be a lot of the current "rock stars". While looking very good quite a few exhibit the charisma of a trauma case after they open their mouths.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:23 am

ooc: Of course charisma is different than appearance, but they are often closely related. Attractive people often receive favor which leads to confidence. Confident people are seen as being both charismatic and attractive.

BTW, Shae was examining Wave...
:mrgreen:
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:10 am

OOC: I'm both charismatic AND attractive. I have to beat the women away from me with a stick.

Hey - it's my cross to bear, eh?
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain