Turgenev's Map Thread

This forum is for sharing your maps, and map making tips or ideas.

Re: Turgenev's Map Thread

Postby Turgenev » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:50 pm

And now for something completely different...

I've been reading the excellent Apes Victorious RPG by Goblinoid Games and got the itch to do a Planet of the Apes style map. I took inspiration from the map that showed up in the Planet of the Apes TV series. I took liberties with some of the geological features and the map is not in scale. This map represents one that would be found hanging on the wall of a city administrator, high priest, and/or general. Only Ape City is labelled since I haven't come up with a name for the various towns and villages yet. Known ruin locations are also marked on the map.

Click to enlarge:

Cheers,
Tim
Turgenev

Postby Turgenev » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Time for this week's Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* I've included various passages that lead off the map so the DM has room to expand.
* The dash lines are elevation markers.
* The row of dots are bars.
* Areas 4, 7, and 14 have pillars.
* Areas 6, 13, 19, and 28 have statues.
* Area 18 has a man-made pool of water.
* Area 22 extends under area 18.
* Area 24 is a underground river.
* Areas 25 and 27 b) have rubble.
* Areas 27 a) and c) have natural cliffs that are 50' high over the lower section of area 27 d).
* Area 27 d) has a natural pool of water.

While this map can be used as a stand alone map, it can also be linked up with last week's Friday Freebie map. The two maps together would look like this (click to enlarge):

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/197 ... p-11112016

The Enhanced Version PDF that contains the November 11, 2016 Friday Freebie Map with multiple layers allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off (for ease with Virtual Tabletop programs). All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim
Turgenev

Postby Turgenev » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:20 pm

Another map for the Apes Victorious RPG. This time the Apes Victorious sample setting map. Click to enlarge.

Cheers,
Tim
Turgenev

Postby Turgenev » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:50 pm

Another Planet of the Apes style map for an Apes Victorious game. Click to enlarge.

Cheers,
Tim
Turgenev

Postby Turgenev » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:30 pm

Another Apes Victorious region map. This time of the Memphis, Tennessee area. Click to enlarge.

Cheers,
Tim
Turgenev

Postby Turgenev » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:15 pm

I've been a bit under the weather the last couple of days so this week's Friday Freebie almost didn't happen. ;)

Here's this week's Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
* I've included various passages that lead off the map so the DM has room to expand.
* The dash lines are elevation markers.
* The row of dots are bars.
* Area 1 has stairs that lead upwards.
* Areas 4, 13, and 30 have tapestries.
* Areas 7, 15, 23, and 36 have statues.
* Areas 8, 22 a), 25, and 34 have pillars.
* Area 12 has a pool of water.
* Areas 19 and 21 have secret trap doors in the floors.
* Area 23 has a large buttress in the center of the chamber.
* Area 24 a) is a hidden slide trap within the stairs.
* Area 24 b) is a large open well/pit.
* Area 35 has a 10' x 20' open pit.

While this map can be used as a stand alone map, it can also be linked up with the last two weeks' Friday Freebie map. The three maps together would look like this (click to enlarge):

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/198 ... p-11182016

The Enhanced Version PDF that contains the November 18, 2016 Friday Freebie Map with multiple layers allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off (for ease with Virtual Tabletop programs). All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim
Turgenev

Postby Blood axe » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:15 pm

How about some post-apoc maps? There are tons of fantasy maps out there. Ruined gas station, a mall, police station, partly destroyed town, post-apoc fort.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby seneschal » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:42 pm

Blood axe wrote:How about some post-apoc maps? There are tons of fantasy maps out there. Ruined gas station, a mall, police station, partly destroyed town, post-apoc fort.

But these are post-apoc maps. Those endless corridors are:

a) The substructure beneath the city ruins, maintenance tunnels, subway corridors, sewers, etc.
b) The Vaults of the Ancients, preserving survivors of the pre-catastrophic world or perhaps their horribly mutated descendants.
C) A data fortress containing the Temple of All Knowledge, dedicated to the deity Gughul and his emissary Gatejobs. Those huge columned chambers contain racks upon racks of dozing servers, awaiting but a key touch or verbal command to awaken and complete their function. Perhaps they've even become self-aware and have a mission their original programmers never dreamed of.
d) The decks of a starship ready for liftoff but never launched. Danger, Will Robinson!

The difference between an orc and a Klingon is a spiffy uniform. It's all in the presentation. ;)
seneschal

Postby Blood axe » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Maybe......but you can have some post apoc maps of things I mentioned. Most fantasy maps seem different then the p-a maps I've seen.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Turgenev » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:12 pm

That's something I'll keep in mind, Blood axe. In the meantime, I highly recommend Wizardawn's Post-Apocalyptic generators/tools.

http://wizardawn.and-mag.com/rpg_apoc.php

Cheers,
Tim
Turgenev

PreviousNext

Return to Maps and Map Making