Judges Guild slow-mo crunchy old school pbp -RECRUITING

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: Judges Guild slow-mo crunchy old school pbp

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Scalydemon wrote:Sounds good Csumo, you can play anything you want. Note that the dice rolls are 'in order' so that may alter what you play.

Noted - I'm glad you said something about that. :D
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Re: Judges Guild slow-mo crunchy old school pbp

Postby Vargr1105 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:05 am

Scalydemon wrote:Vargr1105, welcome, and I will cap the game with the addition of your Dwarf

Awesome! I'm glad I made it one time. Here's the completed character:

Balfa son of Wulfa
Race: Dwarf
Alignment: Neutral
Level: 4
Experience Points: 8,751 (Next Level: 17,501)
Languages: Common, Dwarvish, Neutral, Goblin, Gnome, Kobold, Gnomish
Racial Abilities: Infravision 60ft; 2 in 6 chance of detecting traps, false walls, hidden construction and sloped passages

Str: 12
Dex: 12
Con: 14 (+1 hit point per hit die)
Int: 14 (Literate, +1 extra language)
Wis: 12
Cha: 11 (4 retainers, Morale 7)

Hit Points:
26 [2 + 6 + 8 + 6 + (4 x +1)]

Armor Class: 4

Saving Throws
Breath: 10
Poison: 6
Death: 6
Petrify: 8
Paralyze: 8
Wands: 7
Spells: 10

Equipment:
-Banded mail Armor (85gp, 35lb) AC 4
-Battleaxe (1gp, 6lb) Dmg 1d8
-Dagger (3gp, 1lb) Dmg 1d4
-Backpack (2gp, 2lb)
-2 Waterskins (2 gp, 8lb)
-10 Trail rations (5gp, 10lb)
-Flint and steel (2gp)
-Crowbar (2gp, 5lb)
-Bedroll (1sp, 5lb)
-Winter blanket (5sp, 3lb)
-Large sack (2sp, 0.5lb)
-Small sack (1sp, 0.5lb)
-Small sack with 11gp and 7sp (1sp, 2.3lb)
-8 Torches (3sp, 8lb)
-Manacles (15gp, 2lb)

Treasure:
11 gp, 7sp (1.8lb)

Encumbrance:
88.3 lbs

Movement: 60' turn/running, 20' encounter

Background:
Balfa hails from a dirt-poor Hill Dwarf clan he has long abandoned in search for fortune. His banded mail armor belong to his grandsire and was the only inheritance he got before he departed. For years he has wandered the lands as a mercenary, guard and sellsword. Oftentimes he did things to survive he is not proud of and never talks about. So far he never managed to make it rich, and after losing his helmet in an encounter with a hungry ogre he decided to abandon his solo undertakings and try his luck with a professional adventuring band.

Balfa is quite fond of drinking, carousing and quite the ladies fan. He misses seeing the short plumpness of the she-dwarves of the lands he left behind. Luckily , height-challenged human wenches have proven to be a good substitute, and once there was this unusually tall halfling girl...
Vargr1105

Re: Judges Guild slow-mo crunchy old school pbp -GAME FULL

Postby Scalydemon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:24 am

I sent another PM to the board admin, hopefully the game board will be up soon.

The characters posted thus far look great. In the downtime if others had time to complete and post their characters that be be good also. Or if anyone wants to get in character

Meanwhile, the hooves of your steeds echo off the sides of the craggy ravine as you approach the moated Castle to speak with the King and his court. The venerable Cleric Oberian awaits peering through the open window leaning on his crosier. The crescent moon reflecting off the panes of the window and his oily brown cloak

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby kwll » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:20 am

Do you require a background description? If yes, how detailed should it be?
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Scalydemon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:15 pm

kwll wrote:Do you require a background description? If yes, how detailed should it be?

Hi kwll, a small background would be good, but I'm more concerned with you developing a personality/demeanor for your character and role-playing him as such in the game

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby kwll » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:20 am

Ok, I have a pretty good idea on how I want to play him. The rest can probably follow as the game goes on.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Urieal » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 pm

I was wondering what happened to this game...for some reason I had a complete brain fart and forgot to check subsequent pages past the first...HAHAHA :(

I'll add a few more details later...
Urieal

Postby connivingsumo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:57 pm

Urieal wrote:I was wondering what happened to this game...for some reason I had a complete brain fart and forgot to check subsequent pages past the first...HAHAHA :(

I'll add a few more details later...

Hey Urieal, I meant to tell you WELCOME TO GOBLINOID GAMES!!! :D

Scaly is here... always has been, really. I think because his game is only requiring a 1-2x/week posting schedule - tells me he's pretty busy as most PbP games here demand much more frequent posts. I'm stepping out of line a bit by speaking for him, but he's the kind of guy that will tell us if something came up and he had to put the game on hold.

You're good bro! :D post your character if you haven't already - he's good. :mrgreen:
Last edited by connivingsumo on Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Scalydemon » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:01 am

Thanks, I'm just wishing the mod would put up the gameboard so we could kick this pig. I PMed him 2x, so another PM on my part may border on obnoxious :)

Thats the way I've had him set up gameboards before, if the method has changed from PMing goblinoid games, then someone please let me know

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Scalydemon

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:02 am

Scalydemon wrote:Thanks, I'm just wishing the mod would put up the gameboard so we could kick this pig. I PMed him 2x, so another PM on my part may border on obnoxious :)

Thats the way I've had him set up gameboards before, if the method has changed from PMing goblinoid games, then someone please let me know

Ya... it might border on obnoxious - you're good. ;)

Dan's just been really busy lately - he'll pick it up here soon - method has not changed. :mrgreen:

connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings