Skull Mountain: The Island

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Island

Postby Fearghus » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:02 am

EInar, Thief

"I'll make sure the path is safe". Einar moves ahead of his allies to ensure their safe passage to the domes.
Fearghus

Postby greyarea » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:51 pm

ooc: sorry for the late post. Battling migraines and had a busy weekend to boot.

The party decides against torching the tower and heads out towards the domes. The darkness of the vast cavern you are in helps you move. Einar, your resident rogue, closes his cloak and disappears. He reappears at intervals, twice to warn you of patrols and guide you to the domes. The far torches on the wall provide minimal lighting, making the walk treacherous as you move without lantern or magical light source.

The three giant domes overlap slightly, as if it is one giant structure. The walls are smooth and featureless, lacking windows or doors, that is, until you get to the far north where the smallest dome has a massive set of bronze doors. Each is over ten feet high and five feet wide. Carved figures of spear-wielding lizardfolk mirror one another on each door. These doors are half open, and flickering torchlight can be seen within.

Einar slips in and, moments later, returns, letting you know it's safe, at least just inside. You follow.

Inside the doors, the outer wall of the room follows the curve of the dome around to a flat wall opposite the doors, with an open archway set in its center. There is a 20'-high balcony running along the far wall above the archway.

The walls of the room are covered in murals done in garish colors. The paintings are of lizardfolk in various martial poses, often slaying other races such as dwarfs and goblins.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 32/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes shakes his head at the images of the slaughter, then gets a determined look on his face and says 'We need to stomp out every one of these lizards and anyone who is with them. What do you think, men? Forward down the passage?
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Dieter - Mage

That look s like the only choice we have, lets get a move on.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:01 am

The hall has two open doorways partway down it.

At the end of the hall, there is a turn and a pair of double doors.

Actions?

Grimes 32/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:19 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes whispers "Hey, Einar, want to check out those openings? And if they are safe, perhaps the double door?"

Or we could just cautiously advance toward the intersection. Whatever the decision is, Grimes is ready to rock.
badams30

Postby Craigers07 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:21 am

Furuk waits for Einar to check the path ahead. While Einar does that, he will inspect the walls and floors closely along the hall.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Einar (autopilot) disappears down the corridor. A few minutes later, he returns.

The opening to the east leads to a room with a huge pool in it. I didn't see any lizardfolk there. The west door is to some kind of sleeping chamber. Like a dorm or something. There were a number of lizardmen there, maybe six or so. I couldn't get a good count.

The end of the hall turns and there is a stair leading up. I didn't try to open the door but saw no lock.

Actions?

Grimes 32/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes smiles upon hearing about the lizards in the dorm area... "looks like it's time to crash the party!". Grimes will volunteer to lead a mad charge into the room once Einar gives him a rough idea of layout and positions of lizards.
badams30

Postby Fearghus » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:37 am

Einar, Thief

"As I said, there are only half a dozen resting in there. I am concerned of the adjacent room with the pool. It's lack of activity is queer, and I cannot help but wonder what lies beneath the surface."
Fearghus

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain