Labyrinth Lord in Appleton, Wisconsin

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: Labyrinth Lord in Appleton, Wisconsin

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:55 pm

If you have the courage to go to the second level what new dangers could be there? What treasures?
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Axe » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:44 pm

hahahaha second level hahahahahahaha

maybe when most of the group is 2nd level
A dwarf surrounded by elves

Axe

Postby Axe » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:04 am

today I learned somthing..... I would make a bad fortune teller.......... but im one hect of a cleric

no one died today, and Wulfgar the Stout did not join us, or margret for that matter

the party:
- Raylin ( 4th level half-elf Ranger)
- Fin Thorbergr ( 3rd level dwarf Cleric)
- a wizard (1st level)
- a half-elven ranger/cleric (1/1 levels)
- a monk (1st level)
- Wulfgar's brother [1st level dwarven "locksmith"(thief)]
- 4 elves (all level ones)

the party started the day on an creepy note. during the prevous deleve the party cleared a hallway..... accept for the room at the end of the hall.
in this room there was a large face inbeided in the wall overlooking a alter made of bones. As soon as we entered the room the face smiled......
After a short debate the thief entered the room and attached a grap to the alter then retreated to the hall with the attached rope. the group pulled and the alter quickly fell to shatters. revealing a withered corpes. when it didn't start moving we sent in our monk (who has gained a ring of invisible form a different adventure) who doused it holy water. when nothing happened (well...... the face on the wall was no longer grining) the rest of the group moved forward. the room was searched and looted. no tresurer secret doors were found.

the rest of the day was a rather complicated long running battle with a clan of orcs......there were no survivers.
some of you may say, but did you see the women and childern, if not then you didn't clear out the whole tribe there were more gaurding the women and children.

As I said.....there.......... were...........no.............survivers (thank you Raylin)

the worst events of the day accured during the trip back to town. 2/3eds of the way back the group spotted 3 humanoid figures approching them. the group dismounted and lined up in a firing squad to shoot them down at a range. fin, having a bad feeling about the whole thing dismounted and stood next to the firing line. after droping 2 rounds of arrow fire into the enemys without even slowing them down. Fin stepped forward (after much panicing from the players after I told them that I beleived them to be wights, the dan just smiled when I said it) presented his holy symbol...... and I made the turning roll with box cars, then fallowed up by 11HD effected (.....and there was much rejocing)

After all of that we were stopped by the city gaurd and charged 10% of our tresure as a tax... luckly we had so much gold they didn't ask about the jewelry

at the end of the day no one leveled, execpt fin (YAY!)

as you can tell I am quite prode of myself

Axe

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:16 pm

I just couldn't quite kill off anyone this session...a few close calls though! Axe if you hadn't turned those wights they would have decimated the group.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby mystaros » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Pft. Decimated? More like slaughtered! I think we have what, only two magic weapons in the whole group, the sword of Raylin and that battle axe that Juran got, right? And with Raylin''s silvered sword shattered in that fumble against the orcs, that was about it... though I suppose the magic-user's wand of magic missiles would have helped too.

But yes, those who did not flee would likely have died, especially the first level characters.
mystaros

Postby Axe » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:06 pm

I was also the one responsible for saving the ones you almost killed

and just so you know you will never get raylin as long as I live :twisted:

Axe

Postby Goblinoid Games » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Axe wrote:
and just so you know you will never get raylin as long as I live :twisted:

No problem!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Axe » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:24 pm

bring it on, lets see this

Axe

Postby Axe » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:57 am

the hours tick away moving ever closer to the next delive into stonehell. who will join us this time, what monsters shall we fight, and what treasure will we gain? who knows? (Dan?)

Axe

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Axe wrote:the hours tick away moving ever closer to the next delive into stonehell. who will join us this time, what monsters shall we fight, and what treasure will we gain? who knows? (Dan?)

Today is the first day we're splitting the group into two...could change everything. We'll see who can survive!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings