D12 Critical Hit Rule

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

D12 Critical Hit Rule

Postby JDJarvis » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Some folks think Mutant Future is just begging for a critical hit rule and I've come up with one I've just got to share. There are 3 reasons I'm bringing this variant up 1- PC's and NPC's have a lot of hit points and this bothers some folks, 2- If a game can survive a little more swingy randomness it's mutant future, 3 - rolling more dice is fun.

In brief when the to hit roll indicates a critical hit could have been scored the attacker is permitted to roll 1d12 versus their HD/level. If this d12 roll is equal to or less then the attackers HD/level they have scored a critical hit. A critical hit does as many additional dice of damage as indicated by the d12 roll.

Roll the d12 to check for a critical
if attacking with a natural weapon and you roll a 18-20 and don't need a 18+ to hit.
If attacking with a melee weapon and you roll a 19-20 and don't need a 19+ to hit.
if attacking with a ranged weapon or mutant power and you roll a 20 and don't need a 20+ to hit.

The longer, more exciting version (but really the same stuff) can be read here: http://aeonsnaugauries.blogspot.com/201 ... uture.html
JDJarvis

Return to Mutant Future