CLOSED - X4 - Master of the Desert Nomads - LL pbp

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: X4 - Master of the Desert Nomads - LL pbp

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:41 am

badams30 wrote:Change me to human fighter, please.

And I want to be from Portugal.

What the... what are you talking about?! hahahahahaha - you're so zany; I can't tell if you're serious or what!

'Portugal' ...still laughing out loud. :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:08 am

Welcome home sumo!!!!! :D

Good to have you back!

The party looks tank shy so... fighter (and variants) look to be the best. Does that work? Soldath needs a rest...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:18 am

Spanningtree wrote:Welcome home sumo!!!!! :D

Good to have you back.

Thanks! It's great to be back and see so many familiar (and uber cool) folks! :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:09 pm

connivingsumo wrote:
badams30 wrote:Change me to human fighter, please.

And I want to be from Portugal.

What the... what are you talking about?! hahahahahaha - you're so zany; I can't tell if you're serious or what!

'Portugal' ...still laughing out loud. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, this guy's serious. I don't think you can have too many fighters on this one, so I'm going to go fighter... with a little twist.

And I've changed my mind. No Portugal, I'm now thinking perhaps a little closer to home. Detroit. not the North of 8 Mile Detroit, but the south of 8 mile Detroit. And not the damn Insane Clown Posse Detroit, or that kid rock/eminem mess, but the Bob Seger, KISS Detroit.

I'm the baddest mother of all time. True story.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:24 pm

Joe, it appears Brandon has changed his vote from thief to fighter from Portugal.

greyarea - wizard
badams - fighter, from Portugal
saalaria - fighter
kwll - wizard
spanningtree - fighter?
connivingsumo - cleric

If you want to play a fighter, that's cool. We could use a thief, too. Or we could do this OD&D style, with no thieves at all. How cool would that be? We could even use the Original Edition Characters rules that Dan came up with to emulate OD&D. :) For that I'd have to require consensus, though. Can you imagine, "Well, no one gets any bonuses to hit or damage, but you do get to speak extra languages." WTF?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:26 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Can you imagine, "Well, no one gets any bonuses to hit or damage, but you do get to speak extra languages." WTF?

"My character speaks Common, all alignment tongues, thieves cant, and German."

"Um, you're a fighter."

"Oh right, and fighter."
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:57 pm

I've changed my mind again.
I want to be a Walrus. From Chile. With exceptional charisma.

hey, If Joe wants a fighter, I can go back to thief. No big deal. But only if it's a Walrus thief. With high charisma AND dexterity. That's a given. Imagine how hard it'd be to pick locks or climb walls with those huge flippers.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:03 pm

Assuming someone plays a thief, walrus or no walrus, starting XP will be 200,001. Clerics and thieves will be at 9th (name) level, all others at 8th level.This will give us exactly 50 character levels. While we're waiting for the forum to open, start thinking about how your characters know each other. At levels this high, it's more than likely that some of you have history together. Figure out what you're all doing together, hanging out in the peaceful, mercantile Republic of Darokin: the first country on the Master's fiendish agenda...
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:37 pm

Zelaz knows badams' character because he charmed him a few years ago. He's been renewing the charm person every time the thief makes his save. That's what you get for trying to pickpocket me, you dirty street urchin you.
greyarea

Postby greyarea » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:37 pm

greyarea wrote:Zelaz knows badams' character because he charmed him a few years ago. He's been renewing the charm person every time the thief makes his save. That's what you get for trying to pickpocket me, you dirty street urchin you.

Sorry, that should be "street walrus" :oops:
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings