Statting Star Trek ships for S&S 2e

For discussion of the original 1978 rules and for the revised second edition that is entering development.

Re: Statting Star Trek ships for S&S 2e

Postby jeff » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Stephen wrote:The above is for the Roddenberry/TOS Constitution Class (not the refit Constitution from the movies). I'll look up some more TOS ships and will post later.

If you were to play the Abrams-verse, the characters would all need to be bickering teenagers. ;)

Would that make it Deep Space 90210?
jeff

Postby gentleman john » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:02 am

Could be worse. Could be the Miranda Pickard-verse. I'm never sure whether the writer of those does it to annoy or to take the rip.
gentleman john

Postby gentleman john » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Anyway ... Christmas does leave a lot of time on the hands. So, having got hold of my SFB SSD books, I have tried a conversion of the Tholian Patrol Corvette for S&S 2e. As one of the more mysterious races in ST:TOS, there is very little data on them.

Tholian Patrol Vessel

The Tholians are a mysterious race from another galaxy. They have claimed territory that lies between the Federation, the Klingons and the Romulans, and they enforce their claim with their starships that utilise the power of the Tholian Web.

Crew Complement: 120
Command Rank: Lieutenant
Power Pile Base: 90 (one pod)
Teleporter Capacity: 6 at a time
Beam Banks: 2
Web Generators: 1
Shuttle Ships: 1
Sick Bay Capacity: 6

The Tholian Patrol Vessel is a vessel that resembles a spinning polyhedral cone. It is equipped with beams, but its most interesting feature is the web generator. This is a device that is capable of warping space to form structures made of cosmic strings. It costs 5 EUs per turn to activate a web generator. While the web generator is active, the Tholian Patrol Vessel leaves behind a trail of cosmic strings that block all movement and weapons fire through them. If a Tholian Patrol Vessel completely surrounds a target with its web, then the target may be warped to any location, in a manner similar to that of a space warp.

Shield costs are 25 EUs per day for half screens, 50 EUs per day for full screens.
gentleman john

Previous

Return to Starships & Spacemen