Return to the Temple

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Return to the Temple

Postby merias » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Effric, Druid

Effric dispels the entangling weeds.

He turns to his companions. "I think it best we send these three on their way, quickly, and without weapons and armor. We need to find a safe place to rest, I am not sure the tower still qualifies." He'll then go check on Toto.
merias

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:06 pm

badams30 wrote:I don't think the three who surrendered are fleeing, I think they dropped bows and stayed in place.

It appears you are correct, sir. Will rewrite my turn...after a tasty breakfast...
Last edited by tumblingdice on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:41 pm

CALMERT: Cleric
The little Gnome scrambles to pick up their weaponry in case they have a change of heart, but he keeps a close, 'spring to action' eye on his adversaries.

greyarea wrote:OOC: Sorry, I was out at a library convention for the weekend. Actually met one of you for dinner and conversation. Great time! If you're asking yourself, "Was it me?" and you don't remember meeting me for dinner than it was likely someone else. :)

OOC: Damn, I was thinking that was me! :lol: Library conference huh... hmmm... I bet I know who it was that you met! :mrgreen:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:50 am

Effric dispels his command over the weeds and they die down. A fourth warrior gets up, sluggishly, his hands also in the air in surrender. He is striped with bruises and welts from the strangling grass.

Morgan makes demands and the one of the cultists replies after being nudged by two of his colleagues, I think it's just us. We were the only ones in our guard area. We saw some bugbears and dog-guys, but no other guards. Wait, the commander had a few others who worked for him, but I don't know where they are. I wonder why he grabbed us instead of them...

A nudge gets him to continue, Anyway, Romag grabbed us with the commander and said, We're out of here and made us guard him. He wanted to go to Nulb but wanted to let the um, allies I guess, here at the tower know what's happening. That isn't you, I guess. Anyway, please have mercy on us. With Romag dead, we'll ...uh. His colleague whispers into his ear. He looks back. Really? This leads to a little pow-wow between the four of them and they all nod and agree. We'll go to Hommlet and help the church there. St Cludge or something. Would that be okay?

Thurwin checks over the forms of Toto and Darryl. They are both lifeless and quite beyond the help of Calmert, Morgan or other healers.

Tavin find sight returning as the darkness dies down like a light losing power, and discovers that his cloak was the target. Then, like a shadow erased by the sun, the darkness is gone. (OOC: I was expecting Tavin to shed items until he discovered what the darkness was cast on, not sit in the darkness and mope like... well, like me in high school :) )

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 10/10 <3,0>
Morgan 18/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 < >
Calmert 14/14 <2/3/friends>
Caydon 9/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:10 am

Morgan concentrates for a moment, using detect evil to evaluate his prisoner's statements.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:42 pm

Morgan's ability can't detect lies but they do not radiate evil.
greyarea

Postby kwll » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Quite content with his marksmanship, Calthas goes down in order to get back what arrows he can find and help take care of the dead. He listens with great interest to what the prisoners are saying, smiling when he hears about 'St Cludge'.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:47 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin, quite sad at the deaths of Darryl and Toto returns to the group as the talk to these men. Hearing them talk of assisting St. Cuthbert, Thurwin nods silently in approval. He finally says "Surely you men can see that the forces at work here cannot prevail against good. There are more of our allies coming to cleanse this place, so you have chosen a wise time to take your leave."

OOC: Perhaps since they do not appear to be evil, we could tell them that their offer to assist in Hommlet would please St Cuthbert (Calmert could help with this) and they could inform Burne and Rufus of what's going on, maybe we could give them some minor funds and ask them to take Darryl to Hommlet for a proper burial in the church.

Another alternative if they don't appear too evil and likely to turn on us is to offer to hire them as men at arms. Just a thought.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:23 am

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will climb down and join his comrades: Sorry about that, bit if an issue with the darkness.

OCC: I thought the spell was cast on Tavin himself like using continual light as a weapon. Next time I will try stripping off items.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:37 am

CALMERT: Cleric

The Gnome, just slapped in the face, looks to his companions for support ~ surely their offense will equal his own! ...not everyone follow Cuthbert, he remembers. Absolutely indignant, the Gnome speaks loudly to the prisoners, "CUTH BERT! NOT "CLUDGE"!!

The little Cleric regains his composure acknowledging they're at least appearing to make an effort, "I leave the decision to my companions, but an encounter with St. Cuthbert wouldn't harm you one bit. I think it would be a good introduction... that's my vote, if they're sincere."
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk