Skull Mountain: The Shrine

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Shrine

Postby Craigers07 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:09 am

Furuk leans into the group and lowers his voice.

“I don’t think this old fool knows how much we really have and don’t mind spending a little coin for some more insurance when we go back to that hellhole. It may be worth raising up the thief to steal some of these holy symbols here.”

He puts his head up and looks at the priest to make sure he's not listening to the conversation.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:24 pm

OOC:

@Spanningtree

From the earlier post about the cart (I assume that the gems, at least, have found their way to pockets)
2,000 SP, both on individuals and in a large sack in the wagon
17 gems (10x2, 25x3, 50x2, 75, 100x2, 250, 500x3, 750x2 TV 3,720GP) the largest on the leader of the brigands
A potion the leader carries in his saddle bags - it is marked "sooper heeroizm" in common
A Scroll with three spells [Charm person, Polymorph Self, Wall of Fire] in the same sack as the majority of gems and silver
A long sword (carried by the leader) with runes on it (+2)
10 sets chain mail
10 sets leather armor
9 long swords
20 shields
A crudely drawn map of the area (it tells you nothing new)

The cart also contains slightly-rotting foodstuffs, canvas and poles for tents or something (also next to worthless: mildewy and holey), various supplies that won't sell for anything.

You can sell all of the non-magical weaponry and armor for 500GP for the lot. New its worth 2000 but it's well used. The urine stains in the leather armor alone will reduce the value.

@connivingsumo
Not to my knowledge. You can bury the dead or have them raised. If you decide to bury them and the players want to return, I'd just have them roll up new ones.

@craigers07
While Furuk might be in character suggesting that, I believe the Chaotic Good thief might not be a fan of that approach. :)

FYI, I'm not setting hard numbers on the donation on purpose. Like Fr Dobrun says, he will perform the ceremony regardless but the Good Earth notes generosity and may influence the success of the spell. (Then again, it may have no effect at all ;) )
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes didn't know the deceased, so he just kind of hangs to the back, nervously fidgeting and waiting to get out of here and back in the fresh air. But if asked specifically, his opinion is that tar is very fashionable and "in" for the deceased this season.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:44 pm

An unexpected friend...

As you discuss "terms" with the good Father of the Shrine, the manservant who let some of you into Grüber’s home the day previous strides in. Father Dobrun excuses himself for a moment and asks, "Hello, Jayson. What news from our seneschal this fine morning?"

Jayson smiles in response. "I see you've already met this band of fine men. They do the work of Sir Taris at Master Grüber’s request."

The old priest has a look of surprise on his face at this news. "Oh," says he, looking you over. "I was not aware."

"Yes," continues Jayson. "He sent me here to assure that you take in their dead, he says they mentioned two yesterday, and that Sir Taris will cover the cost."

"Now, wait. As I was telling these gentlemen just now, this isn't a tit-for-tat system. I just say the incantations, the Good Earth Himself is the only one who has the power and She demands a show of good faith."

Jayson smiles at this. "And as representatives of Sir Taris and the work of this land, he will make that show of good faith." He produces from his voluminous sleeve a scroll, which he passes to the pastor. Father Dobrun reads it and furrows his brow. Then reads more and smiles.

"Well then, I am sure that Saint Garth and the Good Earth will bless those that do Sir Taris' work."

The father then turns and leaves to watch over Serk and Oliver as they prepare the bodies for the ritual.

Jayson then turns to you. "First off, please do not bother staying for the ceremony. Raising the Dead takes both time and is at great cost to those who are risen. Your associates won't be able to help you for a few weeks after they've been revived. And, although Aidan is rescued, we fear the Cult in Skull Mountain is still a threat.

Secondly,
" he says, turning to Anadrea. "Master Grüber asked to see you in private. There is a negotiation with Sylvian Elves nearby that he feels would go better if you could assist.

And finally
," he says, turning back to the rest of you. "Master Grüber has given it some thought this morning and felt it might help if you had these." He produces from his sleeve a small sack within which are broaches. They are of little value (made of tin, perhaps) but are nicely worked, all in a six-sided star shape. "If you show them it might help grease some wheels in town. After you left this morning, he thought you might need them when dealing with the banker and Father Dobrun and town guard. Now be careful, I understand some merchants will charge extra if they think you're in league with Sir Taris. They like reclaiming their taxes if they see the chance, so don't think a tin star will automatically give you respect, they will merely open some doors in the right places."

He smiles as he hands them to you.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:35 am

Dandy Dwarf Cleric

"Much-Much THANKS TO YE!" his gratitude spills over his self control.

ooc: I'm having trouble recalling, but if the deceased are "X-players" then no sense in raising'em, eh?
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Craigers07 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:01 am

Furuk takes the broach.

“Thank you Father Dobrun.”
Craigers07

Postby badams30 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:22 pm

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes takes one of the broaches and puts it in his pouch for safekeeping, thanking the gentleman who gave it to him.

He quietly says to Dandy: "I don't know these dead men, but if they mean much to you and your party, I'll chip in my meager share to see them raised. I'll also help you bury them properly if that is the decision."
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:14 am

badams30 wrote:Grimes - FIghterHe quietly says to Dandy: "I don't know these dead men, but if they mean much to you and your party, I'll chip in my meager share to see them raised. I'll also help you bury them properly if that is the decision."

"Generous! Ye be a good'n!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Dieter - Mage

Why thank you. He says taking the star and putting it into his pouch. Well gents thats all we can do here I think, let's be off to the bank to claim the money and then look into supplies? If his comrades are in agreement they will make for the bank.

OCC: Yeah, I know what you mean on raising them but I felt it would in character to try.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:29 am

“I’m ready to head to the bank. All of these these do-gooders are making me uncomfortable.”
Craigers07

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain