Have A Cryptworld Christmas!

For discussion of the new official Pacesetter horror game!

Have A Cryptworld Christmas!

Postby sniderman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Happy Horrific Holidays!

I've written a Christmas-themed Cryptworld adventure for the season for anyone who wants to drop a bit of horror into their festive Yuletide celebration! And it's available as a free download! Enjoy, and remember:

"He sees you when you're sleeping, and he knows if you're awake..."

http://tinyurl.com/amidnightclear
sniderman

Re: Have A Cryptworld Christmas!

Postby greyarea » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Fantastic! Thanks, Tim!
greyarea

Postby seneschal » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:14 pm

"He sees you when you're sleeping, and he knows if you're awake..."

Oh, you meant Santa Claus. I thought you were talking about the National Security Agency ....

;) :shock:

Reminds me of one of my favorite lines from the movie Clue:

"Why is J. Edgar Hoover on your phone?"

"Why not mine? He's on everyone else's!"
seneschal

Postby sniderman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:18 pm

seneschal wrote:"He sees you when you're sleeping, and he knows if you're awake..."

Oh, you meant Santa Claus. I thought you were talking about the National Security Agency ....

sniderman

Postby sniderman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:21 pm

A few additional notes on the scenario:
* There are no decorations representing the birth of Christ anywhere in the home. No mangers, no wise men, no Star of Bethlehem, no nativity scenes, etc. This is deliberate as Charlotte's taste ran more toward the secular.
* The bodies of the Drakes. If you wish to have the PCs interact more with the corpses (a horrific discovery!), there are a few ways to do this:
1. While they're investigating the second floor, have the Santa display on the roof break loose and crash to the front lawn. If anyone goes to a window, they'll easily see the bodies for what they truly are.
2. Charlotte may have set the Drakes' bodies up on either side of her Santa collection in the living room. If you decide on this approach, have the "life-size Santa and Mrs. Claus mannequins" seated in chairs on either side of the display. If anyone investigates, removal of their plastic masks reveals their faces locked in a rictus of terror (roll fear checks on column 5). Medical skill rolls are needed to determine that they both appear to have been bludgeoned to death (the snowman using the shovel as seen in a later encounter).
3. The bodies could also be in the attic, propped up on either side of the small Christmas tree display with Charlotte's cremains. In this situation, Charlotte decided to have the Drakes permanently "watch over her" as they neglected to do so when they were alive. This could be used to great effect as the scenario reaches its apex of terror.
sniderman

Return to CRYPTWORLD