Realms of Crawling Chaos coming late winter! (now available)

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Re: Realms of Crawling Chaos coming late winter! (now availa

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Rogahn's Bluff wrote:I'm also considering reskinning other classic modules to fold into a larger campaign. Isle of Dread as the Mountains of Madness? I think it could work.

Don't forget the Giant Albino Penguins!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Wulfgar22 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:It's hard for me to track typographical errors in threads like this, Wulfgar can you send any you see to me in an email? So far things I've spotted shouldn't affect play, just a few typos here or there.

The inclusion of magic-users is for the sorcery sort of campaign, at the exclusion of clerics if there are no gods. But these are only ideas.

It's just that it states "These cold realities eliminate clerics, magic-users, and subclasses of these as class options" and then the very next sentence reintroduces magic-users: ' In this type of campaign there are only three classes that are most appropriate for inclusion from the Labyrinth Lord core rules, the fighter, magic-user, and thief."

But no worries. I'll mail these and any others I find.
Wulfgar22

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Ah, ok. I could have been more clear that there are different approaches. magic-users IMHO can be appropriate even in a game with no gods.If you leave them out then they either become NPCs or all "spells" are removed. However, the route of removing all spells is not consistent with HPL (not that it matters) in that there are often cultists who have some kind of powers.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby Rogahn's Bluff » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Wulfgar22 wrote:
Rogahn's Bluff wrote: The Saltmarsh series is just begging for a Lovecraftian touch.

Hell, yes! Great idea.

Thanks. :)
Rogahn's Bluff

Postby Rogahn's Bluff » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:
Rogahn's Bluff wrote:I'm also considering reskinning other classic modules to fold into a larger campaign. Isle of Dread as the Mountains of Madness? I think it could work.

Don't forget the Giant Albino Penguins!

It wouldn't be same without them! Transplant the Isle to an arctic latitude, repopulate the southern villages with subhumans and sea folk, throw in some cyclopean architecture (including something very nasty from the monster section) and I'll be off to a good start.
Rogahn's Bluff

Postby elf23 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Ah, I think I'm going to have to make another trip to the LuLu shop soon... :)

Oh I just looked, is there no hardback version available?
elf23

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:14 pm

elf23 wrote:Ah, I think I'm going to have to make another trip to the LuLu shop soon... :)

Oh I just looked, is there no hardback version available?

It's 64 pages, so unfortunately saddle stitch is the main option. No hard covers. With a different printer I could special order some if enough people want them, but I would have to go preorders on something like that to make sure there are enough people to justify the cost.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby elf23 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:22 pm

Goblinoid Games wrote:It's 64 pages, so unfortunately saddle stitch is the main option. No hard covers. With a different printer I could special order some if enough people want them, but I would have to go preorders on something like that to make sure there are enough people to justify the cost.

Ah right that's just a restriction of Lulu is it then.

I'd definitely be up for a hardback version (to go with my LL, AEC and MF!), so count me in if there's enough interest from others as well.
elf23

Postby Kristian » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:56 pm

I couldn't fight it, I had to buy the PDF because waiting for Lulu seemed so painfully hard. Don't go into selling drugs, Dan, you'd be too good.
Gnumerous Gnomes - Gneneral RPG Foolishness
Kristian

Postby gentleman john » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Well, I've bought the PDF. If my FLGS gets the hardcopy version in, then I'll buy it from them. That way they get a cut and stay in business.
gentleman john

PreviousNext

Return to Labyrinth Lord