Second session report

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Second session report

Postby prongbuck » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:15 am

For session 2 we were able to add another player! Another newbie. As of the start of session 2 there are 3 players: 2 who have 1 session under their belt and 1 who has never played before. For this session I had prepared the Tower of the Stargazer module, it is a great module, geared towards exploration as there is not much in the way of combat. This module has the potential to be quite deadly and I was worried how it would go. I went so far as to prepare a whole other adventure just in case this one proved too deadly.

Happily, I can report that my players not only enjoyed the module, all of their characters survived and they managed to walk away with the wizards treasure.

You can view the entire (2000 words or so) session report on my blog. I purposefully left many specifics out so as to not give away too much of the module. If you want to get the full effect of just how well they did you'll have to purchase the module.

Up until now each player has been playing 2 characters but for next session I am considering changing this. My plan is to take the party to the Keep on the Borderlands, which I believe expects a higher number of characters (6 or 8 or something like that?), and I have invited one of my veteran players to join us which would bring the player total to 4. So do I have each player play 2 characters or 1? The question basically becomes do I want them to need to hire hirelings or not?

I am trying to introduce the rules of the game to my players a little bit at a time and I am not sure how things would change if the party was forced to hire hirelings. Part of my desire to get them down to 1 character each is I want my players to connect more with their characters and I think this would be much easier for them playing just 1 character. On the other hand having them play 2 characters each means nobody is left out should 1 of their characters die.
prongbuck

Return to Labyrinth Lord