Request: Maps for six gods bases and the main battle field.

This forum is for sharing your maps, and map making tips or ideas.

Request: Maps for six gods bases and the main battle field.

Postby Agrippa » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:34 am

I'd like some maps made for a game I'm running, it's on another site though. Six warring gods have summoned their champions to aid them in battle. While the six warring powers can easily be divided into good and evil, that doesn't mean there are only two sides to the war. While the just and virtuous deities are friends and allies in spite of what ever differences they may have, their crueler and more brutal brotheren aim to kill one another as much as, if not more than, they plan to slaughter their righteous adversaries. Please note that this will be a crossover of existing fictional universes and not a truly original work.

Good Factions
Cosmos
Odin Borson
Highfather Izaya

Evil Factions
Chaos
Mephisto
Darkseid
Agrippa

Re: Request: Maps for six gods bases and the main battle fie

Postby Agrippa » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:04 am

Is nobody else interested in this thread enough to post? Even a little comment on this idea would be nice.
Agrippa

Re: Request: Maps for six gods bases and the main battle fie

Postby bathwizard » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:39 pm

I dunno about other folks on this forum, but your request seems to be a little 'left field' - not the usual sort of request for suggestions I've seen here, and I really wouldn't know where to start - creating a goblin lair or a vampire's castle or even an illithid cavern-complex is doable because we've seen those things or similar things before. How big and complex are you expecting each god's base to be? What sort of style? A castle in the clouds? A massive monastary-complex? A simple shrine?
Actually thinking a bit about it, the realms of evil gods reminds me of some of the dungeons and adventures involving demon lords (certainly a starting point for the evil gods). Queen of the Demonweb Pits involves tracking Lolth down to her Abyssal plane which is a convoluted network of pathways (if I remember). The City of Skulls was a Greyhawk adventure against Iuz the Old (a demigod), and involved infiltrating his capital city and attempting to rescue a VIP from his dungeons. Rappan Athuk was a massive dungeon with Orcus at the bottom of it all.

I think the best way to use the Workshop forums is to produce the work yourself, put it on these forums and ask others for their opinions. If they like it or feel they can contribute, you will get feedback.
I hope this helps.
Bathwizard

My new blog is the Tales of Kaelaross, a world for Basic D&D/LL
bathwizard

Return to Maps and Map Making