Original Edition Characters

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Original Edition Characters

Postby Fearghus » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:03 am

My 4 year old son asked me if we could play D&D after dinner. Naturally I said yes, but I didn't expect him to remember asking. A short time after dinner he came to my desk and asked if I was ready to play, so I got the OEC book, and some dice, pencils and paper. He rolled up 3d6 down the list and John the Fight Man was made: St 15, Int 13, Wis 13, Dex 9, Con 15, Cha 9, and 3 HP. I wish I had so much luck rolling characters. He was very excited to pick out a two-handed sword as his weapon. "Do you want an axe, a mace, maybe a sword", "OH YEAH A SWORD!", "Ok, ok. Long, short or two-handed?", "Two-handed like Dark Morrow". Dark Marrow is how he pronounces Darth Maul, but he really means Darth Vader. We're working on it.

He started off in a castle where he informed me he was hanging out with Leia, the princess. He later told me her name is actually Ylrx. He doubled over in laughter when I tried to pronounce it. I had a few goblins sneak in and try and steal the princess, but he put a stop to it. Slaying one out right, and then the other but not before losing a HP himself. Afterwards he took Princess Ylrx for a walk to pick apples before letting me know he'd take her home before dark so her parents wouldn't worry. After that he was done and told me it was time to play race cars. So ended my first D&D game with my son.
Fearghus

Re: Original Edition Characters

Postby DMStue » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Love it! From little acorns ..... Etc :)
DMStue

Postby ArcherSix » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Awesome stuff. My daughter, who's 6, knows I play but as yet has shown no interest. The pull of the barbies is too strong!
ArcherSix

Postby greyarea » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:28 am

Give the barbies magic powers and a storyline and you have a new role player in the making ;)
greyarea

Postby ArcherSix » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:16 am

We already do that. She likes having her Merida doll (from Brave) ride her unicorn and shoot bad guys with her bow :-)
ArcherSix

Postby greyarea » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:58 am

Rock on
greyarea

Return to Labyrinth Lord