Using S&S for Old School Trek

For discussion of the original 1978 rules and for the revised second edition that is entering development.

Re: Using S&S for Old School Trek

Postby Atomic Ray » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Yep...to be honest when I first considered the S&S usage I did not realize it was so different and the new version I understand will be compatible with L&L and MF.

I am fine with using the L&L/MF standard set up :mrgreen:

A quick thought...not to distract from our Old School Trek theme, it is just a question...what aliens from beyond the original series stand out for you for potential characters?

There are so many I know but surely one or two jump out at you.

I of course still like the Andorians...but I like the other blue meanies, Bolians.

I thought about them when Gentleman mentioned the environmental requirements...Bolians have caustic inner biology, it has been noted that their processed food exports caused all kinds of issues with the ships disposal systems.

But I like the Bolians for the blue skin and the center ridge/cleft.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby gentleman john » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:57 am

Thought I'd posted on this? Oh well, try again.

Other races? Well, I would go for the Kzinti (as seen in TAS) and the Caitians (as seen in TAS and very briefly in one of the movies). I must admit, my love for the Kzinti is purely motivated from my SFB days. The expression on an opponent's face as you time a drone strike to perfection so the first wave overwhelms the target's defences within the 8 impulse recharge cycle, allowing the second wave of carrier drones to unload a constellation of Type-VI warpseekers for a Mizia-strike witrh multiple unique hits ...
gentleman john

Postby Atomic Ray » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:46 pm

That is quite a specific and descriptive response lol :)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby gentleman john » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:28 am

And if it made sense, you should be worried. Or want a game :)
gentleman john

Postby Atomic Ray » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:11 am

Indeed :mrgreen:
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby kjc » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:25 pm

Sooooo? Are we ready to beam aboard? (Yeah, I know, but someone was gonna say it eventually!) :mrgreen:
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Atomic Ray » Tue May 01, 2012 4:12 am

I am very close...taking care of some other issues...clearing my schedule as it were.

Soon very soon.
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Atomic Ray » Sun May 13, 2012 7:04 pm

I started this in the S&S thread before I realized that it was dramatically different from L&L and MF.

Let me know if you guys want to move forward with S&S or L&L/MF system...other than that I am ready to get the mission underway.

:mrgreen:
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby kjc » Mon May 14, 2012 3:01 am

So your copy of the rules must have arrived! Which ever way you prefer is fine with me, might be fun to try RAW, but then again the pending rules revision seems like it will be closer to L&L/MF...so I'm no help.
Just boldly go! :mrgreen:
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Atomic Ray » Mon May 14, 2012 3:35 pm

I will stick with the LL and MF style...it makes the most sense.

I have requested another PbP thread...so any day now :)
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

PreviousNext

Return to Starships & Spacemen