LL AEC pbp: Treasure Hunt (CLOSED for now)

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: LL AEC pbp: Treasure Hunt (Moonshae Isles, Forgotten Rea

Postby saalaria » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Character Name: Johan Guiderstein
Normal Human
Alignment: Neutral
Deity: The Goddess

Picture: (optional)
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 180lbs

Level: 0
XP: -500
XP Bonus: not applicable, yet
XP needed for next level: 0

HP: 7
AC: 7

Ability Scores:
STR: 14 +1 hit and damage
DEX: 16 -2 AC, +2 Missile
CON: 13 +1 hp
INT: 15 +1 language
WIS: 12
CHA: 10
Stats: CON:13, WIS:12, INT:15, DEX:16, CHR:10, STR:14

Saving Throws:
17 Breath Attacks
14 Poison or Death Ray
16 Petrify or Paralyze
15 Wands
18 Spell or Spell-like Devices

THACO: 20

Racial abilities and class skills:

Languages: Common,

Weapons and armor: none

Equipment: normal clothes

Magic Items: none

Treasure: none

Encumbrance: 0

Movement: 120'/40'/120'

Character background:
Fleeing a blood feud, young Johan's family was shipwrecked as they sought a new life on the Isles away from his Northland upbringing. Unfortunately his parents succumbed to a strange malady a few months after landing and being taken in by a family of fisher Ffolk who took pity on the bedraggled and clearly starving group. The Ffolk subsequently raised him as their own and taught him the ways of water and their living. It is evident from looking at him that he shares no ancestry with his adopted family - the bright orange hair and thick beard being the obvious clue. He will ultimately seek revenge for his family, blaming their demise on land of his forefathers and their customs...
saalaria

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:25 am

Character Name:
-race- ??
Alignment: neutral, for now
Deity: Octoberfest

Picture: (optional)
Weight:

Level: 0
XP: -500
XP Bonus: not applicable, yet
XP needed for next level: 0

HP: 6 (+ con bonus/penalty)
AC: 9 (+ dex bonus/penalty)

Ability Scores: Stats: STR:18, INT:10, WIS:8, DEX:13, CON:17, CHR:9
Racial Stat Adjustments:
STR:
DEX:
CON:
INT:
WIS:
CHA:

Saving Throws: (please include any racial bonuses)
17 Breath Attacks
14 Poison or Death Ray
16 Petrify or Paralyze
15 Wands
18 Spell or Spell-like Devices

THACO: 20

Racial abilities and class skills:
(You may have racial abilities, but no skill classes yet)

Languages: Common, racial language if applicable

Weapons and armor: none, to start

Equipment: none, to start, other than a shirt or tunic and a pair of trousers

Magic Items: none, to start

Treasure: none, to start

Encumbrance: 0

Movement: 120'/40'/120'

Character background: in the character's own words, please.
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:39 am

So what races/genders do we have thus far?
It looks like:

+ An ELF (?gender?) named: Gern
+ A HUMAN Female named: Teuta
+ A HUMAN Male named: Arnold (get to da choppah!!)
+ A HALFLING Male named: Dinodas (Chubb!!) *I wonder where he got that surname! :mrgreen:
+ Another HUMAN Male named: Johan

**I'm really looking forward to playing/grouping with you all again! :mrgreen: I don't believe I have met you Saalaria; nice to meet you. :D
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:48 am

Glad to have you with us, Sumo. Check out p. 7 of the Advanced Edition Companion for info on how AD&D type dwarves are run. If you don't have the AEC, you can download the free version, minus the artwork at: http://goblinoidgames.com/docs/GBD1002_no_art.zip.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby saalaria » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:28 am

Indeed nice to meet you CS...yes I am the fresher meat for the grinder!
saalaria

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:29 am

Well guys, it looks like Dan's busy, so I've made alternate arrangements for us over at the Unseen Servant forums. As a gesture of goodwill, I'm advertising for two additional players so that those looking to join a game at Unseen Servant can join.

Here's our game. The only thing I plan to do differently is use the nifty, tabbed character sheets available on that forum.

See you there!
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kipper » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:06 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Well guys, it looks like Dan's busy, so I've made alternate arrangements for us over at the Unseen Servant forums. As a gesture of goodwill, I'm advertising for two additional players so that those looking to join a game at Unseen Servant can join.

Here's our game. The only thing I plan to do differently is use the nifty, tabbed character sheets available on that forum.

See you there!

I've never used Unseen Servant before (although I signed up a little while ago). I've now made my full character sheet over there, but I cannot seem to find any way to post to the existing threads in the campaign? Am I missing something, or is it set up so that no-one can post there yet?

I wanted to ask again about Dino's deity-of-choice. I was tossing up between Gond (fits his personality better) vs the Goddess (as the dominant religion). Any advice/suggestions? If Gond is virtually unknown in the Moonshaes I'll probably go for the Goddess instead.

BTW, I'm curious to find out what happens if Dino's choices lead towards a class normally barred to Halflings? No need to answer this now, I'd really rather wait to find out as the game progresses!
kipper

Postby greyarea » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:19 pm

As I recall, tumblingdice needs to give each of us access to the game forum so we can post in the game.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:21 pm

I thought I added all of you, but I went back and checked, and repeated all the steps I did the first time. Is it working better now?
tumblingdice

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:40 pm

kipper wrote:I wanted to ask again about Dino's deity-of-choice. I was tossing up between Gond (fits his personality better) vs the Goddess (as the dominant religion). Any advice/suggestions? If Gond is virtually unknown in the Moonshaes I'll probably go for the Goddess instead.

BTW, I'm curious to find out what happens if Dino's choices lead towards a class normally barred to Halflings? No need to answer this now, I'd really rather wait to find out as the game progresses!

Gond doesn't have too big a following here. The goddess might be a better choice. Your call.

Good question about race restrictions. Quite frankly, I hadn't thought about that. I haven't decided yet.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings