[Classic mix] Heroes in Blood Caked Armor

This forum is for any small member projects (new monsters, magic items, etc.). Members may request a full forum for special large projects, and this will be considered.

[Classic mix] Heroes in Blood Caked Armor

Postby Agrippa » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:34 am

As I've mentioned in my first thread on this subject I'm working on an urban fantasy focused Mutant Future/BEC or Classic D&D hybrid. That was more of a mission statement/sales pitch thread. This is the brainstorming and work thread. If anyone wants to help with this project just say so and get to work. Right now I just need some help on the first three chapters, then we can talk about taking on the rest in chunks.

Heroes in Blood Caked Armor

Chapter 1 - Game Basics

What Is Heroes in Blood Caked Armor?
Inspiration
Dice and Other Basic Game Concepts
Last edited by Agrippa on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agrippa

Re: [Classic mix] Heroes in Blood Caked Armor

Postby Agrippa » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:35 am

Part 1: Game Basics

What is Heroes in Blood Caked Armor?

"The noir hero is a knight in blood caked armor. He's dirty and he does his best to deny the fact that he's a hero the whole time." – Frank Miller

The game of Heroes in Blood Caked Armor is a game of adventure, action, exploration and often times brutal if over top combat. It’s a game in which both cowardice and recklessness are scorned. Pragmatism is one of the highest of all virtues warriors share. This doesn’t mean however, that nobility of thought and deed is non-existent, just that everyone, including the most honorable, fight to win. Of course there’s more than just fighting in this game.

It's a fantasy game, but not the fantasy you'd normally think of. It doesn’t take place in Tolkien’s Arda or C.S Lewis’ Narnia. Not even the likes of G.R.R. Martin’s Westeros and surrounding countries or the world of Glenn Cook’s Black Company. Instead it’s fantasy of a different sort. Its warrior’s are the superhuman men and women of Frank Miller’s Sin City, the tough and hard bitten veterans of the BPRD even hunters like Bobby Singer or Sam and Dean Winchester. Or the like of The Venture Brothers resident “walking murder machine” Brock Samson and his fellow freaks.

Inspiration

Dice and Other Game Concepts

I'm not reserving any posts because I'd like to discuss this passage first and hopefully flesh out chapter one.
Last edited by Agrippa on Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agrippa

Re: [Classic mix] Heroes in Blood Caked Armor

Postby Agrippa » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:36 am

I know this has been over a month, but I did start this project so I'd like to see it through. With that said how does chapter one look so far?
Agrippa

Return to Open Workshop