1. The Village of Pramayama

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 1. The Village of Pramayama

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:01 am

Taranna

Shrugs and accepts her assigned watch slot. Why does the crap always boil to the top? She will say blowing some hair out of her eyes.

OCC: Do you need spell load outs from the mages?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby saalaria » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:16 am

Joffrey

The talk of watch sends the knight off reminiscing..
"Ah set to watch, talk of magical beasts...reminds me of Valash back in '50. Ah a good year! The wine, the women, beauties absolute beauties."
He claps Aristide on the shoulder.
"There's a tale there for the telling...though p'raps not in present company of course. Well I am happy to stand first watch, this talk if orcs and foul beasts sets the blood afire - what?"
He moves to ready himself for his watch.
saalaria

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:30 pm

"Pfft!" Sarras snorts, as he turns to face Zelaz. "The bishop's a few hours late. He ain't missing yet. Probably proselytizing to a group of bugbears, and winnin'!"

The captain looks around, then lowers his voice. "Mage," he says, leaning in close. "I've watched you move around dead bodies all morning with nothing but your mind and that pansy-looking ring of yours. I'm under no delusions about what you are capable of. You don't need me, and I know you sure as hell don't like me telling you what to do." His breathing becomes labored, and his face begins to twitch "You can afford to disregard my orders. Those men out there, some of them no more than boys. They can't, and I can't afford to lose them."

Sarras straightens up, then hollers, "So if you want to organize a goddam search party for Bishop Gillem', then be my guest. But you WILL report tonight for guard duty, just as I have commanded. All of you! THAT IS AN ORDER!"

With that, Captain Sarras storms off.

OC: Sorry for the delay in posting. I really had to give that one some thought.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:36 pm

Zelaz nods silently to Sarras' whispered words and then, when orders are given, responds loudly, Of course sir. We will find the Bishop and his men or die trying!

Guides, we have a job to do and must move quickly if we are to return for guard duty, it seems! Who is with me? Let's head off to where he was planning to scout!

OOC: I love/hate when players give actions that are off script and require a change in plans. I hope this doesn't throw things too much.

At least we haven't charmed any gnolls. (Or worse, ogres! That would have been something else for the module, for sure)
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Aristide - Thief

Aristide watches the banter with curiosity until Zelaz mentions going on a scouting mission, and he lets out a barely audible "Aww, man." He then looks about, hoping he wasn't heard and smiles his trademark broad smile and while smoothing back his hair he says "Yes, perhaps we can locate the good Bishop and his crew, eh? Eh? Let's go then, much ground to cover." He glances about as if looking for something and he shouts "MAX! MAAAX!" And an instant later a decrepit and busted old camel wearing a ragged floppy brimmed hat on his head approaches. The camel is rather large and missing patches of fur, and comes slowly sauntering around the ruins of a building, snorting and making awful noises as it approaches.

Aristide walks over to the beast and pets it gingerly on the nose, and in turn the camel lowers it's head and rubs it back and forth against Aristide's shoulder. "That's enough rest, old guy. Time to go earn our keep." The camel snorts and sits down, glancing at Aristide, ready for him to jump on and ride.

OOC: Aristide will follow along, trying to keep track of time to allow for sufficient time to get back for guard duty and some food. He'll take up position near Taranna, offering for her to ride Max if she doesn't have a mount.
badams30

Postby kwll » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:18 pm

"Going out? Sure, why not! That will be interesting to visit the surrounding a little. After all, we have been stuck in here for too long, and this is not what I was expecting. Huh? A war? Who said there is a war?" says Tasrem merrily.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:45 pm

Taranna

Anything to get us out of here. She will say with a brief smile. She'll take her watch and check in on her horse. Readying the saddle bags, etc...

EDIT: Taranna's current spell load out is indicated with "*" on her sheet. She does come off more as a archer/fighter to most that meet her, she does not cast spells often.
Last edited by Spanningtree on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:08 pm

Roikos: Cleric
Nods at Zelaz, "Ready to serve." he says his voice bulging with conviction.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:18 am

Day 1, west bank of the Asanda River, mid afternoon

So, it looks like you'll be heading out in search of Bishop Guillaume. I'll need a marching order, please.

According to Sarras, the good bishop and his men crossed the Asanda River at the ford just south of the river, then headed north to explore more of the valley. As your mounts' hooves splash through the shallow waters, you note the rotting corpses of horses, ogres and other creatures too big to have been swept downstream after the battle. Though not as hot as the Sind Desert to the west, a dry heat still hangs in the air.

The river is about 500 feet wide here at the village, and you soon reach the other side. Your mounts shake the water off their legs, then submit once again to your control. There are footprints to be seen, but you can't seem to follow any of them very far before they disappear in the mud of the riverbank. A line of trees stand sentry on this side of the river. The normal sounds of wildlife: buzzing insects, scurrying rodents, and the calling of birds of all kinds, can be heard.

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:37 am

Aristide - Thief

Aristide shakes his head at the lack of footprints. He exhales loudly and says "Well, looks like the trail peters out. I guess we probably should head back now, eh?" He glances about, rubbing Max's head as he pauses.

OOC: If we continue on, Aristide will dutifully follow, if they turn back, he's just as happy. But as goes the party, so goes Aristide.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads