Ohio's Con on the Cob - Oct. 17-20 - You comin'?

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: Ohio's Con on the Cob - Any good?

Postby Omote » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Anybody at COTC tonight, that isn't drunk off their ass, want to run some LL tonight?
Omote

Postby kmelion » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Oh man, sorry I missed your post, Omote. It would have been cool just to hang out, and I did have my LL stuff with me, along with my copy of Moldvay's Lost City.
kmelion

Postby Omote » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:58 am

No problem. I ran into another LL player/GM who seemed interested in playing. That person was not "well enough" to run on Saturday tho. So that was kind of disappointing. Perhaps next year. It was nice to meet up with another group from Pittsburgh who came to COTC for the first time. I think they are going to come back next year, and I forsee them running multiple retroclone style games. So that's good.

~O
Omote

Postby sniderman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:51 am

Was looking over Con on the Cob's 2013 event list, trying to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger.

I think I've made my decision.
sniderman

Postby greyarea » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Holy socks! That could be a fun marathon!
greyarea

Re: Ohio's Con on the Cob - Oct. 17-20, 2013 - You comin'?

Postby sniderman » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:29 pm

<casting Raise Dead on this thread>

OK gang, I pulled the trigger and have signed up for Ohio's Con on the Cob in two months. Runs Oct. 17-20 in Hudson, Ohio. I'll be running the following games (some classics I've run at other cons):

Cryptworld: Condition Critical
Dr. Howard Eastman has called a press conference at his remote research facility to announce a medical breakthrough that will “eradicate human illness and suffering forever.” But what if the cure proves to be worse than the disease?

Timemaster: The Day The Sky Fell
It’s 1979 and Topeka, Kansas, has been burned off the face of the Earth. Surviving victims claim they saw the Sun itself cut a path of destruction through the city, killing tens of thousands. Tensions between the U.S. and USSR have never been higher, and World War III is imminent unless Time Corps agents can determine what happened and stop it before it ever occurred.

Mutant Future: Thundarr the Barbarian: Across the Dimensional Divide
Demon Dogs! A dimensional time-rip has appeared near "Indeenapliss." It must be the work of an evil wizard, but who? Join Thundarr, Ookla, and Princess Ariel as they try to save the world of 3994 AD!

Mutant Future: Dead In The Water
Mindless, water-logged abominations have been coming ashore, attacking fishing villages along the coast of The Rainbow Sea and dragging their victims off to a watery doom. Can a ragtag party of post-apocalyptic miscreants discover the answers on the Island of Fire?

So "folks who live in Ohio and surrounding states," who else is planning to be there this year?
sniderman

Re: Ohio's Con on the Cob - Oct. 17-20 - You comin'?

Postby sniderman » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Updated the schedule above to reveal that Pacesetter's new horror RPG "Cryptworld" will be making a public run at Con on the Cob!
sniderman

Postby Blood axe » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:26 pm

Im In Pennsylvania. Im gonna see if i can get off work!
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Omote » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:52 am

The hotel for COTC is unfortunately sold out. It's a 45 minute drive from me to the con. Jeez, I hope I don't have to sleep in my car to play some Mutant Future or Crypt World.

~O
Omote

Postby Omote » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 am

I registered for some games, but didn't see Cryptworld listed yet. As soon as that gets listed I'll sign up.

~O
Omote

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings