Judges Guild slow-mo crunchy old school pbp -RECRUITING

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Re: Judges Guild slow-mo crunchy old school pbp -GAME FULL

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:35 am

Also, I hope to have my rolls/character up soon!! :oops:
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Vargr1105 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:01 am

Scalydemon wrote:Thanks, I'm just wishing the mod would put up the gameboard so we could kick this pig. I PMed him 2x, so another PM on my part may border on obnoxious :)

Thats the way I've had him set up gameboards before, if the method has changed from PMing goblinoid games, then someone please let me know

Have you considered moving the game into a different forum? Setting up a game on the Original D&D Discussion forums seems to be more expeditious.

connivingsumo wrote:Also, I hope to have my rolls/character up soon!! :oops:

Well get to it! :) an LL character takes something like 15 minutes to create. It took me longer surfing the web to find a nice picture for my dwarf than to roll him up.
Vargr1105

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:30 am

Vargr1105 wrote:Have you considered moving the game into a different forum? Setting up a game on the Original D&D Discussion forums seems to be more expeditious.

Oh, Vargr1105... no, no, NO!! We are a "tight-nit" community here... there's no "outside" anything! :x

Vargr1105 wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:Also, I hope to have my rolls/character up soon!! :oops:

Well get to it! :) an LL character takes something like 15 minutes to create. It took me longer surfing the web to find a nice picture for my dwarf than to roll him up.

Not so, my friend! I put time and thought into my character; although, I would agree with you that finding "just the right" pic can take longer! :D
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:31 am

Rolls - dropping the lowest of 4d6 - in order are:
I guess, statistically, I should be thankful, but... here's the list ----- which is LL:
Str: 17
Dex: 12
Con: 12
Int: 8
Wis: 17
Cha: 12
------------------Not my first choice, but seems to be a fighter, cleric, dwarf, or halfling... or a very weak Magic-User or Thief.

(I'm thinking Dwarf or Cleric)... I like to "see" in the dark, so let's say Dwarf!!

Level is d6+1, roll is:
5+1 = 6 ----------Not bad? :D

Starting Gold is 3d6x10, which is:
1,5,3 x10, which is = 90gp ------------------ kind of sucky.

So I'm thinking a Dwarf at this point only because of the "dark vision" and racial saving throw bonuses plus the Wisdom saving throw bonuses... and because I don't have the gold/resources to stock up on a holy symbol plus holy water!!

Let's see what gear I can buy w/a meager 90gp...
Splint Mail = 75gp (AC = 4)
Shield = 10gp (AC = -1)
Spear = 3gp (1d6 Dmg.) *I would've picked flail, but I may need a 'missile' weapon! Since I can't afford one, 'spear' it is!
Back Pack = 2gp (meh)
===============
Grand Total = 90gp

No food, no sacks, no rope, no flint & steel, no torches, no... well, anything! :P

I am the epitome of "poor adventurer!!!!"

Pic and "character sheet" upon arrival of our gaming thread! :P

THIS BE ME!!

But I feels like...

It wouldn't let me "edit" so... here's me hit points!! 5d6+d6 =

connivingsumo

Postby Scalydemon » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Ok, alrighty, sound the trumpets! The game board is UP.

Please xfer characters when you get a chance over to the game board, when the party gets assembled we will step out

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:02 am

I've posted my character, which is in progress still.

If we have a character beyond level one, how would you like us to roll our Hit Points: reroll 1s, max, straight-roll??

Also, for experience, with a character like mine which was d6+1 = 5+1, so level 6 ~ what should I put for my experience: the minimum for the given level?

Finally, my "Prime Requisite" is: Strength so because my strength is >16, do I get the 10% Experience Bonus?

Thanks! :D

connivingsumo

Postby Scalydemon » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:29 pm

connivingsumo wrote:If we have a character beyond level one, how would you like us to roll our Hit Points: reroll 1s, max, straight-roll??Also, for experience, with a character like mine which was d6+1 = 5+1, so level 6 ~ what should I put for my experience: the minimum for the given level?Finally, my "Prime Requisite" is: Strength so because my strength is >16, do I get the 10% Experience Bonus?

Hi,
1. sure sounds good
2. sure sounds good
3. sure sounds good
:mrgreen:

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby connivingsumo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Scalydemon wrote:
connivingsumo wrote:If we have a character beyond level one, how would you like us to roll our Hit Points: reroll 1s, max, straight-roll??Also, for experience, with a character like mine which was d6+1 = 5+1, so level 6 ~ what should I put for my experience: the minimum for the given level?Finally, my "Prime Requisite" is: Strength so because my strength is >16, do I get the 10% Experience Bonus?

Hi,
1. sure sounds good
2. sure sounds good
3. sure sounds good
:mrgreen:

:lol:
ok fair enough! :D
but which one of #1 sounds good? straight rolls, or reroll 1s, max each level?

connivingsumo

Postby Scalydemon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:01 am

I can't recall telling anyone else to re-roll '1's - so I suppose just roll and keep as is, thanks

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Scalydemon

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Scalydemon wrote:I can't recall telling anyone else to re-roll '1's - so I suppose just roll and keep as is, thanks

will do! :D

connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer Gatherings