New D&D Movie on the SYFY channel tonight...

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Re: New D&D Movie on the SYFY channel tonight...

Postby sniderman » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:37 pm

I love the movie "Krull" so much, it makes my teeth hurt.

I may need to run a Lab Lord game based on that movie.
sniderman

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Mach Front wrote:For better or worse I've never come across better "D&D" movies than Krull, Hawk the Slayer and Conan the Destroyer.

Great choices, I just saw Krull again recently. They had it in the free on demand movies section from my cable provider. Good stuff. Your mention of Hawk the Slayer prompted me to buy a copy, almost forgot about it from my youth. Conan, thats just uber classic. 8-)
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby seneschal » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:02 am

Krull is an old favorite. A more recent movie, and one that is well done, that screams D&D is Season of the Witch. At its climax I was thinking,
"This script had to start out as someone's tabletop campaign."
seneschal

Postby oldgamergeek » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:27 pm

The new D&D movie was just unwatchable. I managed about 45 minuted and went to bed.
"Our community is like a Heavy Metal concert, full of life and passion. Theirs is like a therapy session needing someone to tell them what to do and how to be happy."
oldgamergeek

Postby Mach Front » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:44 am

Spanningtree wrote:
Mach Front wrote:For better or worse I've never come across better "D&D" movies than Krull, Hawk the Slayer and Conan the Destroyer.

Great choices, I just saw Krull again recently. They had it in the free on demand movies section from my cable provider. Good stuff. Your mention of Hawk the Slayer prompted me to buy a copy, almost forgot about it from my youth. Conan, thats just uber classic. 8-)

You, and others, may enjoy the novelization of Hawk the Slayer. It wasn't that hard for me to find on eBay a few years back and it gives a bit more info that's hinted at in the movie (that evil forest, etc.). :)
Mach Front

Previous

Return to Open Discussion