1. Introduction; A Decent Proposal

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 1. Introduction; A Decent Proposal

Postby rredmond » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:06 am

Igli does his warriors prep for the evening, meditating on the days events and how he could have used his bow and axe better. Since he has last watch he stays awake and "shadow boxes" with his weaponry trying out new moves, and perfecting tried and true. He visualizes the perfect killing stroke as he does so.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:45 am

Between Bizenghast's cooking, the warmth of the fire, several pints of ale, and the extra blankets tucked away in Misha's dresser, you soon find yourself struggling to stifle yawns and keep your eyes open. As the conversation winds down, you realize that it's time to turn in for the night.

Your experiences keeping watch are largely the same:

Now that everyone is sleeping, you realize just how much noise there is outside! The wind rushes through the trees, shaking the walls of the cottage. Rain pounds against the roof and pelts the windows. Several times during the night you hear the cry of a wolf, followed by the snapping of branches and what sounds like the gallop of a horse.

You rush to the window to investigate, but there is nothing.

Between such disturbances, you are left with your own thoughts, which the DM cannot surmise...

Day 8, Nytdain, Thaumont 8th, Misha's Ferry, Sunrise

Morning arrives, bringing with it a day as different from the last as you could hope. The mist hanging over the river soon burns off, revealing a clear sky. As you prop the door and open the windows, a warm breeze blows through the cottage. Misha's coin jar sits atop the shelf, exactly where you found it. No coins appear to be missing.

Before long you have dressed, eaten breakfast, cleaned up as best you can, donned your armor, and packed your belongings. Any further actions, discussion, or questions before you hit the road?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:33 am

Athelstan - Travelling Fighter

"Good morning, all. Time to get moving." Athelstan will try to make sure the cottage is tidied, and will make sure the place is tightly closed prior to departing.
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:46 am

Biz: MU

Before bed, Bizenghast casts Continual Light into the ring, then memorizes Levitate.

"Shall I heat some bread and cook eggs?"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:18 am

Soldath - Mage

Thank you Bizenghast but let me give you a hand. After breakfast Soldath will get ready and go outside. Looking for the path/road to Sukisyn with his map in hand. Weird dreams last night... He will mutter. ...stranger things going on about... Then with some authority he will point and say: We are off that way.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Adapt » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:29 am

Jarek - thief

Jarek, who is still awake after taking the last watch with Igli, continues to regale the dwarf with the horrible stories he has been spewing for the last two hours. "Igli, I didn't get a chance to finish telling you about the time I found a dead dog in the river. I must have been ten years old, or maybe eleven... hmm.. I'm not sure which. Anyways, me and my friend Juthro were catching eels in the river one day when we spied this dead dog. It was really bloated, so we got a sharp stick and gave it a good poke. Whew! what a stink! but that's not the worst part... bla bla bla ... yada yada ya...."

Jarek goes on like this for as long as Igli lets him. When his stories are done, he smiles broadly at everyone and says, "I'm so glad someone shared that watch with me. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't had someone to talk to!"
Running: Arizona Territory 1873 (FATE Old West pbp), The Northwest Barony (Labyrinth Lord pbp)
Playing: Night's Dark Terror (Labyrinth Lord pbp)

ADAPT's RPG Blog
My RPGNow Store
Adapt

Postby greyarea » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:38 pm

Tret, rogue

"I hear ya, Jarek. If Renardius hadn't been there to keep me company, I wouldn't have had anyone to share stories with. I do wish he'd lighten up a little - I don't think I was able to draw a smile out of our good priest regardless of how I tried."
greyarea

Postby kipper » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Renardius (Cleric)

Renardius aids Athelstan in tidying and locking up.

"For the next leg of our journey, I suggest we may want to divide ourselves into two groups: a 'main', and a forward 'van' to scout up ahead. The 'van' would report back regularly to the 'main'. I nominate Tret and Jarek for the 'van', both being quick and well versed in wood-lore. I furthermore nominate myself as lead of the 'main'."
kipper

Postby rredmond » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Igli chuckles at Jarek's stories, only occasionally rolling his eyes. "It did make the time pass," he'll say to Athelstan and Renardius later, "especially since jüthrö is an ancient dwarvish expletive."
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby badams30 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Athelstan - Fighter

"That order sounds fine to me, I am content to fill in where needed, and anxious to depart... we have a long way to go today, and truth be told, I'll be happy when we get this horse-herding business behind us."

and to Renardius and Igli, quietly - "brothers, I almost feel guilty for my quiet watch last night..."

As we prepare to depart, Athelstan will re-check his weapons, armor and gear, and re-fill his flasks with water.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror