Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Moderator: tumblingdice

Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:07 pm

We have our thread, much quicker than expected, thanks to Dan.

The character template is also up. Please note that you begin the game with no mounts. You won't start with much money, either, but you can choose whatever equipment you think you'll need within reason. Keep encumbrance in mind, as well as how many weapons your character knows how to use. Speaking of encumbrance, I encourage you to determine your character's encumbrance with and without a backpack. That way you can drop your pack during combat if necessary and hightail it out of there--I mean give chase more quickly. :D

Magic items to be determined later, based on class and background.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Postby rredmond » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Just a quick note as I build my character. I don't mind playing a cleric but if someone else is going to fill that role I can play something else. Let me know. Otherwise a second rank kinda guy will ce about supporting the front tankers with spells and mace! :)
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:31 pm

Early bird catches the worm, rredmond. You got some good rolls there. Do what you like.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Some of you might be wondering why Nightblade's playing a dwarf-cleric since basic D&D uses the race as class system. Good question. Bombar comes from the dwarven homeland of Rockhome. The gazetteer detailing it presents the dwarven cleric as a playable class, and we're going to give it a try.
tumblingdice

Postby Nightblade » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm afraid I may be getting an early rep as the munchkin of the group, but I swear my intentions are nothing but honorable! :mrgreen:
Nightblade

Postby rredmond » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:31 pm

Used the kooky new die rolling program thingy on my phone. My daughter was rolling great attributes with it. I was hoping! But now that the cleric is covered... I'll start thinking. Huzzah!
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:48 pm

Nightblade wrote:I'm afraid I may be getting an early rep as the munchkin of the group, but I swear my intentions are nothing but honorable! :mrgreen:

Could be worse. You could be me: the munchkin enabler. :D
tumblingdice

Postby Nightblade » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:57 pm

True, indeed! That most distinguished title would fall upon your shoulders, oh most esteemable DM. :twisted:
Nightblade

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:18 am

Badams30, your fighter looks fine. I would ding his intelligence or wisdom by two points down to 9 so you can raise his strength up to 18.
tumblingdice

Postby kipper » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:22 am

I've updated my character, I think he's pretty much ready to go except for a picture.
kipper

Next

Return to Night's Dark Terror