MF Wiki Update

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re: MF Wiki Update

Postby Blood axe » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Malcadon wrote:Yeah, I really like Barrier Peeks! If their were MF conversion for that module, I would make a page for them.

By the way, Jeff Dee added a ton of re-do art based on his classic works thanks to his Kickstarter funds - including the stuff from Barrier Peeks, but mostly Deities and Demigods (and then some!). :D

Shouldnt be too hard to convert to MF. Displacer beasts = Phase Tigers. Stat up the Vegie Pygmies. Switch in some other MF monsters or add them from LL/AEC. You can keep 95% of the Barrier Peaks as is. Just have a couple pages of conversion notes/changes. Maybe I'll work on it as a side project. You would need to have the original adventure to use it though.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Malcadon » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:22 pm

Blood axe wrote:Shouldnt be too hard to convert to MF. Displacer beasts = Phase Tigers. Stat up the Vegie Pygmies. Switch in some other MF monsters or add them from LL/AEC. You can keep 95% of the Barrier Peaks as is. Just have a couple pages of conversion notes/changes. Maybe I'll work on it as a side project. You would need to have the original adventure to use it though.

I have been preoccupied with keeping the Gamma World Wiki together (finding editors, adding ground-work & content, keeping Wikia Admins off my ass for site-neglect (or else I'll loose my Admin-powers there), typing content from net-books, lot of reorganizing, and so on), and I have not added much to the MFWiki lately. I have also beet thinking about my old, unfinished GW > MF conversions. There are a number of obscure mutants from GW modules that I really what to convert. And yeah, even the ones from Barrier Peeks, the Warden, and even some of the odder creatures from the Fiend Folio/Tome of Horrors! So much I what to do!

Oh yeah! Agrippa, I might not be too helpful with your Exalted > Mutant Future project. Besides being really busy with stuff (see above), I have no idea what the setting is about. The closest I have had came to playing a White Wolf game was Street Fighter the Storytelling Game. =P That don't mean that I will neglect you. If you need help with codes and layout, I would help in anyway I can.
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby Agrippa » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:23 pm

You don't need to understand the setting to help me out, you just need to be able to edit, proof read and polish up my writing. I'm good at come up with ideas or importing ideas just not at organizing my thoughts.
Agrippa

Postby Malcadon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:50 am

Agrippa wrote:You don't need to understand the setting to help me out, you just need to be able to edit, proof read and polish up my writing. I'm good at come up with ideas or importing ideas just not at organizing my thoughts.

Yeah, I'm not the guy for that. If not for the spell-checker feature on Firefox, and that anonymous editor, the MF Wiki would be full poor spelling and grammatical errors. :oops:
Malcadon

Postby Agrippa » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:18 am

By "polish up" I mean help me gather my thoughts and add some flavor to my entries. My Solar entry is positively dry compared to my Infernal and even Abyssal threads. I'm still drawing a blank on flavor for the Terrestrials. Basically I need a sounding board, I type out something and someone else helps me figure out how to make it sound better.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:35 pm

So I already posted the Exalted and the Solar and Abyssal Castes. Next up is editing the Zenith Caste's smiting rules and posting the Infernal Castes. Any advice esteemed creator of the MF Wiki?
Agrippa

Postby Malcadon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:06 am

Agrippa wrote:Any advice esteemed creator of the MF Wiki?

If you what to add stats on those pages, you can add Templates. A Template is a preset code that allows one to make uniformed tables with a simple code (used while on Source mode), of with a simple fill-out sheet if you choose "Add other templates" on Visual mode (note: Templates don't show up on Visual mode, so you should check it out on Preview). Just follow the instructions in the above link.
Malcadon

Postby Malcadon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:07 am

I forgot to note that you can edit your Profile with text about yourself. There are codes you can use to make Userboxes — basically, at glance descriptions about yourself, much like "badges" used with large gaming groups. You can use prefab Userboxes, or make-up your own.

This is the code to hold your Userboxes (can hold any number of Userbox codes):

{{userboxes}}
(place userbox codes here)
{{userboxesend}}

This is a prefab Userbox code for Mutant Future fans:

{{Mutant Future Game}}

The above code looks like this.

This is an open-ended code for custom Userboxes (with color, you can write-out the color — like red — or a hex code like #FF0000):

{{Userbox
|id = [[File:(some pic.jpg)|55px]]
|id-c = (pick a color)
|id-fc = (pick a color)
|info = This user (is/likes/has something or another).
|info-c = (pick a color)
|info-fc = (pick a color)
|border-c = (pick a color)
}}

Custom Userboxes are great for conveying your own unique traits, personality, or interests. In my case, I note "Tis usre iz Dyslxic" (This user is Dyslexic) with a common misspelling of "The" (teh) to note my reading disability is a silly way :P (although, on another Wiki — ironically, it was not at the Word Girl Wiki — someone even corrected that... And on my own profile, no less!!! WTF?!? :evil:).

So if you are editing the wiki, don't be a stranger. The profile page over there is a great way to tell other who you are, and what you like. Join today! ///__
Malcadon

Postby Agrippa » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:32 pm

I've started on my profile page yesterday and I'm still having a hard time typing it up. I know what I want to type, as usual I'm just stuck on how.
Agrippa

Previous

Return to Mutant Future