Gorran (contributor race)

Gorran (contributor race)

Postby Goblinoid Games » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:19 pm

This race has been submitted by Admiral Mario for inclusion as a PC race.

Gorrans
Requirements: CON 12
Ability Adjustments: STR +1, CON +1, DEX -1, INT -1
Skill Adjustments: Combat +1, Contact -1
Metabolism: Iron Based

Gorrans are a reptilian race from the second planet in the Gor system. They are generally 6’ in height, have yellow eyes, and are covered in scales with color ranging from light to dark green. Gorrans have tails that vary from 12” to 18” in length. Each hand has a thumb accompanied with three fingers, and short claws. They are carnivores that delight in eating live prey. Their thick scaly hide gives them a -1 to armor.

Gorrans are a competitive race; they host arena combat tournaments as a form of sport and justice. They were once a race consumed by war, but have since put aside their instincts for conquest, if not combat. Their nature often inspires them to seek out duties of security or military services in Space Fleet. Gorrans speak to each other in the hissing sounds of their language, but can speak other languages with some difficulty. Their home is a rainy jungle planet with many swamps, and is unusual in having freshwater oceans.

This part will be woven into the Prelude at the beginning of the book
Gorrans first encountered the Confederacy in 2250, when they attacked a Space Fleet outpost on a planet in Gorran space. Initially mistaken it to be a Zangid incursion, the area was destroyed. The Gorran ship later encountered a Confederate vessel, resulting in an unconventional act of diplomacy--the captains faced off in personal combat in a Gorran Justice Arena. The Confederacy captain won the contest, but spared the Gorran. This act of honor led the Gorrans to negotiate a peace agreement. They petitioned to join the Confederacy in 2252.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Re: Gorran (contributor race)

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Looks like a winner :)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Brutorz Bill » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:51 am

I like these alot! :)
Brutorz Bill

Postby Methuslah » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:10 pm

I love them, but I do have one little suggestion...I would make it 'Gorra' rather than 'Gor'. Otherwise there may be unpleasant comparisons with a certain novel series...
Methuslah

Postby Brutorz Bill » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Methuslah wrote:I love them, but I do have one little suggestion...I would make it 'Gorra' rather than 'Gor'. Otherwise there may be unpleasant comparisons with a certain novel series...

Good point Methuslah...
Brutorz Bill

Postby Wizardawn » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:48 am

Dan, sounds good to me.
Wizardawn

Postby fmitchell » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:14 pm

Perhaps their high council is called the Gorram.

OK, maybe not.
Logic is a little tweeting bird, chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad. -- Spock, "I, Mudd"
fmitchell

Postby Atomic Ray » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:48 am

What are you guys picturing here?

Sleestak?
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby kjc » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:04 am

I was picturing Gorn from ST:TOS :mrgreen:
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby k-slacker » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:17 am

Sleestak look cooler, though.

(Especially for a Mutant Future crossover...)
k-slacker

Next

Return to Second Edition Playtest