Myth-Weavers LL Game X4 X5 Desert Nomads

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Myth-Weavers LL Game X4 X5 Desert Nomads

Postby Black Wyvern » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:10 am

I am running an LL Core Rules Play by Post game over at Myth-Weavers. We are going through TSRs old X4 and X5 Desert Nomads Modules. If anyone is interested please check out the ad.
Last edited by Black Wyvern on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Re: Myth-Weavers LL Game X4 X5 Desert Nomads

Postby Black Wyvern » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:59 am

Okay doing this again. Different ad! Same game! The last group all died a horrid death a couple days into the adventure. Starting at around 9th level this time. Some baled out after. http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=164141
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:37 am

I'm really... well, really.... really thinking I'm going to apply.

For those of you that are "new" here - blackwyvern runs awesome games - they are ... well ... awesome.

As much as I hate to play a game that is not on goblinoidgames - mythweavers has just as serious (maybe more) dedicated "ROLE" players and they take 'roleplaying' serious. The short time I was there - I learned a lot about "writing" and creative writing.

Well... I'm rambling, but I'm seriously considering blackwyvern's games - and hoping he will take me. :?
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Black Wyvern » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:15 pm

You would be most welcome Sumo. Thanks for the kind words.

I would run here but I just can't play without a dice roller. I have tried on other sites and I just don't like taking that much control as a DM or giving it as a player. The number and quality of old school players here would sure make it easier though. I am advertizing here and DF to get players. There are so many top quality Classic D&D games going on at the Weave right now the limited number of OSR players there are stretched a bit thin.
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Ya, I wish we had a die roller for sure. :(
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby kipper » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:21 pm

connivingsumo wrote:As much as I hate to play a game that is not on goblinoidgames - mythweavers has just as serious (maybe more) dedicated "ROLE" players and they take 'roleplaying' serious. The short time I was there - I learned a lot about "writing" and creative writing.

I've found the same thing at RPoL. Personally, I'm definitely well into the "Gamer" side of the spectrum nevertheless.

((Sorry for the minor thread-jack BW :D))
kipper

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:13 am

Dude, that's awesome! It's been my dream to run those modules ever since I was 13 or 14. If I wasn't so busy I'd love to sign on as a player. Do you have any intention to run X10 as well?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Black Wyvern » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:03 am

Yeah I am hoping the game makes it long enough to get to X10. These modules really made me run them. I kept trying to resist and they kept coming to the top of my mind. I played through them once in the 80's and have never ran them so I am pretty psyched, other than killing the first party. That was a miss on my part.

kipper wrote:((Sorry for the minor thread-jack BW :D))

That's it kipper! Pistols at ten paces. :)
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Return to Gamer Gatherings