Clockwork Gnome Publishing

This forum is for publisher introductions, particularly for publishers who are licensees of Goblinoid Games' titles, but other publishers of relevant products are also welcome. This area will replace the publisher forums below by April 5th 2011.

Re: Clockwork Gnome Publishing

Postby AllenTaliesin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:53 am

RAD Colin wrote:Thanks for the welcomes, and you're welcome, Allen. Out of curiosity, what's the (projected) page count for the Morithal supplement?

One thing I'd love to see (as well as decent AEC-based takes on the Barbarian, Bard, and Cavalier classes), and may just work on if I get the time when I finish my two current publications, is a decent LL bestiary; it's the one thing I think the game is lacking, because while there's a good basic selection in the core LL and AEC, nothing beats having even more monsters. ;)

cheers!
Colin

Morithal should clock in between 25-35 pages.

I agree that a good bestiary would be something I would support without question. I am always happy to see new monsters, as I feel there is always room for more. You can never have enough quality creatures.

If you don't mind me asking (and are able to talk about it), what publications are you currently working on?
Last edited by AllenTaliesin on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Owner/Publisher
www.clockworkgnome.com
AllenTaliesin

Postby AllenTaliesin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:00 am

John Adams wrote:Clockwork Gnome Publishing!

I can ever be of help to you, do not hesitate to ask. :D

Thank you so much for the offer, I truly appreciate it. I will be sure to let you know if anything comes up.

I do want to say that I have really enjoyed the BHP titles I purchased. You produce some great material. It looks like Delving Deeper is shaping up nicely.
Owner/Publisher
www.clockworkgnome.com
AllenTaliesin

Postby RAD Colin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:05 am

AllenTaliesin wrote:If you don't mind me asking (and are able to talk about it), what publications are you currently working on?

The next ION Guard supplement (Alien Empires) and the next Atomic Highway supplement (Twisted Armageddon). They've both been delayed about 9 months due to various Real Life issues among both me and the folks helping editing, so I'm working hard to get them out.

So, nothing OSR-related from RAD just yet.

Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

Postby RAD Colin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:14 am

Goblinoid Games wrote:Welcome everyone! As for monsters, almost everything that was in the original MM is present between LL and AEC, but virtually nothing from MM 2 and Fiend Folio. I have no plans to release a monster book anytime soon so that would be a perfect project!

Thanks for the welcome, Dan, and thanks for producing LL; it's my favourite retro-clone and my first stop for a D&D-style experience. It definitely rates as one of the best purchases I've made this year, and I've been delighted with it, the AEC, RoCC, and some of the fantastic third party support (Stonehell, Red Tide, Anomalous Subsurface Environment, Oubliette, Wheel of Evil, etc.).

If (and that's a big IF) I do decide to produce a LL bestiary in the future, the idea would be to reproduce most of the MMII and a selection of the best/most iconic critters from the FF.

cheers!
Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

Postby AllenTaliesin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:31 pm

RAD Colin wrote:
AllenTaliesin wrote:If you don't mind me asking (and are able to talk about it), what publications are you currently working on?

The next ION Guard supplement (Alien Empires) and the next Atomic Highway supplement (Twisted Armageddon). They've both been delayed about 9 months due to various Real Life issues among both me and the folks helping editing, so I'm working hard to get them out.

I just went and checked those out. Very interesting stuff and I mean that. Atomic Highway in particular is really cool. I downloaded it so I can take a look.

I totally understand what you are saying about delays and I sympathize. When the dreaded RL rears its head there is not much you can do. CGP is behind on a few projects due to the same reasons.
Owner/Publisher
www.clockworkgnome.com
AllenTaliesin

Postby AllenTaliesin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:44 pm

RAD Colin wrote:
Goblinoid Games wrote:Welcome everyone! As for monsters, almost everything that was in the original MM is present between LL and AEC, but virtually nothing from MM 2 and Fiend Folio. I have no plans to release a monster book anytime soon so that would be a perfect project!

Thanks for the welcome, Dan, and thanks for producing LL; it's my favourite retro-clone and my first stop for a D&D-style experience. It definitely rates as one of the best purchases I've made this year, and I've been delighted with it, the AEC, RoCC, and some of the fantastic third party support (Stonehell, Red Tide, Anomalous Subsurface Environment, Oubliette, Wheel of Evil, etc.).

Hear, hear! LL is my favorite as well and I really appreciate the work you have done, Dan. Like Colin, the AEC and RoCC were some of the best gaming purchases I have made this year. And all of the third party material he listed is top notch stuff.

I know you have heard this before, Dan, but it was great being able to "return" to the kind of D&D I started with all those years ago. While I still own my old D&D books I had not looked at them for years before Labyrinth Lord came out. Its release triggered something in me and made me remember what I was missing. I needed a bit of a metaphorical kick to the head. I still enjoy a ton of different RPGS, including Pathfinder, but earlier edition D&D and AD&D will never cease to be my favorite games. The ability to support Labyrinth Lord hearkens back to a dream I had when I first started playing. So thank you for the game.
Owner/Publisher
www.clockworkgnome.com
AllenTaliesin

Postby RAD Colin » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:47 pm

AllenTaliesin wrote:
RAD Colin wrote:I just went and checked those out. Very interesting stuff and I mean that. Atomic Highway in particular is really cool. I downloaded it so I can take a look.

Thanks for the kind words. It was basically a pure vanity press endeavour; after freelancing for other companies on dozens of books, I had to produce my own or go mad, so I spent 7 months and £500 creating a game on a sub-genre I wanted to see, promoting an appropriate playstyle I wanted to attach to it, not really planning to please anyone but myself. I anticipated breaking even if I was lucky, but didn't really care as long as I was happy with it. When it took off like a rocket I was stunned. #1 pdf sales on DTRPG/RPGNow for months, then in the top ten at both for more months after that, then selling out of a 100-copy POD run in days, then going on to a 1500-copy traditional printrun which is nearly sold out, and getting both Indie rpg nominations and ENnie nominations for Best System. It was flabbergasting.

The fans have been absolutely brilliant, which is why I've taken to offering the AH pdf for free now. It's been good to me, so now I'm setting it free, into the wild so to speak.

Still, this is waayyyy off-topic, so back to praising LL and Dan I go. :)

Colin
RAD Colin

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:44 pm

:oops: Thanks for the comments guys. One thing I always like to point out, though, is that I can only take credit so far. True it was a lot of work to put the books together, for a whole variety of reasons, but I can't take credit for the underlying mechanics. It is what it is. When it comes to LL and AEC I tend to think of myself more as the editor than the author.

RAD Colin wrote:Still, this is waayyyy off-topic, so back to praising LL and Dan I go. :)

Now now, there is plenty of room to praise other people!
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby petespahn » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:54 pm

AllenTaliesin wrote:I know you have heard this before, Dan, but it was great being able to "return" to the kind of D&D I started with all those years ago. While I still own my old D&D books I had not looked at them for years before Labyrinth Lord came out. Its release triggered something in me and made me remember what I was missing. I needed a bit of a metaphorical kick to the head. I still enjoy a ton of different RPGS, including Pathfinder, but earlier edition D&D and AD&D will never cease to be my favorite games. The ability to support Labyrinth Lord hearkens back to a dream I had when I first started playing. So thank you for the game.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up for me too.

As an aside, and in no way meant to SPAM or Jack this thread, the Chronicles of Amherth contains about 30-40 new monsters for LL, with only a few of them setting specific. Ive heard it said several times that there are no bestiaries outside of the core books so i thought I'd throw it out there.

Rock on Allen. Glad to see more publishers coming to LL.

Pete
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Postby AllenTaliesin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:19 am

Thank you for the welcome! I don't mind you mentioning the Chronicles of Amherth. It looks great and I plan to pick it up very soon.
Owner/Publisher
www.clockworkgnome.com
AllenTaliesin

PreviousNext

Return to Publishers