Got a dare today

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Got a dare today

Postby oldgamergeek » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:36 am

One of my friends bet me 20 bucks I wouldn't work RoCC into my Return to the Keep on the Borderlands adventure. I am going have me 20 bucks. :twisted: :)
"Our community is like a Heavy Metal concert, full of life and passion. Theirs is like a therapy session needing someone to tell them what to do and how to be happy."
oldgamergeek

Re: Got a dare today

Postby bighara » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:25 am

Sounds like an easy $20.

I mean, criminelities! Unless RttKotB changes things radically, you already have an evil shrine in the caves., it's like you're 88% of the way there already!
bighara

Re: Got a dare today

Postby Dyson Logos » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:50 am

bighara wrote:Sounds like an easy $20.

I mean, criminelities! Unless RttKotB changes things radically, you already have an evil shrine in the caves., it's like you're 88% of the way there already!

Yeah, that was my thought. Right off the bat you have the chaotic temple up top. Also you can convert one (or more) of the humanoid tribes into squabbling factions of deep ones... And really, the shunned cavern is begging for a creepy makeover - make the grey oozes into minor shoggoths - vaguely sentient, and making creepy noises as they attack, maybe even mimicking their past victims (just picture the ooze grabbing someone and this whispering wimpering call of "get it off! get it off!" coming from it as it pulls the poor magic user into the pool). And of course the Owlbear is actually a self-made monster who took on this form after a dark ritual involving cannibalism and the heart of a bear under the full moon. And throw in an extra scroll or two amongst the bones of the owlbears nest with one bloodied scroll explaining this ritual in case a PC would like to be an owlbear... ;)
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Return to Labyrinth Lord