[Mutant Future]New character race: Neomah

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

[Mutant Future]New character race: Neomah

Postby Agrippa » Wed May 08, 2013 6:14 am

I'm adapting Exalted's neomah race of demons to Mutant Future in this thread. It's a work in progress.

Neomah, Makers of Flesh

Hit Die: 1d6 per point of CON or 1d6 per four points of CON plus 1/4 CONd6 every five levels after 1st (DMs choice).

Mutations
Physical: Energy Ray (green fire spitting) (9: 4d6 points of fire damage at a range of 45'), Increased Touch (14), Metamorph (15)
Mental: Healing Touch (14: Heals 5d6 points of damage on one subject once per turn. Can also do the following. Cure blindness, deafness, paralysis and fear. This takes one full round. Cure poison. This takes two full rounds. Removes 1d4 points of ability damage. This takes three full rounds.), Intellectual Affinity: Medicine (13), Mental Phantasm (12)

Abilities: As demons of the First Malfean circle, neomah possess superhuman prowess in many attributes mortals share. They are strong of body and mind, resulting in a minimum of 9 to Strength and Intelligence. Their wills are strong and difficult to break; because of this neomah must have minimum Willpower of 14. Lastly the neomah are a highly graceful and resilient race of demons, with a minimum of 14 to Dexterity and Constitution in addition to a +3 bonus to both scores.

Description: The neomah are a breed of enticing if bizzare demons. They have feminine, humanlike bodies, with slender limbs full rounded breasts and wide birthing hips. On the other hand neomah are bald, their pupils, sclera and iris's just meld into one another and they lack nipples and external sex organs. Okay the last part isn't entirely true, neomah can grow and retract those parts at-will. Hence the bizzare part. These demons are also adept shapshifters capable of adopting almost any humanoid form from 5-6 feet. Befitting their Malfean nature a neomah can breath a lethal gout of green flame.

However, the most iconic power of the neomah is their fleshweaving. Neomah will spend weeks at a time in their towers of fire, brass and tin gathering either flesh or bodily fluids from different creatures to weave together into a new lifeform. With enough flesh or bio-matter a neomah can weave together a hybrid child of all partners involved. Then she makes a d20 roll makes with her Intelligence -10 plus Medical Affinity and Increased Touch MSmods (+8) as a bonus. If her roll is equal to or greater than the target number the neomah successfully produces a child with some of the traits of all parents. See the table below for details.

Code: Select all
         # of creatures|Target Number
          two creatures|15
        three creatures|20
         four creatures|25
         five creatures|30
          six creatures|35
+one creature above six|+5

Now I mentioned something about towers made of brass, tin and green fire. Well, just think of it this way. Each neomah has a special chamber in her stomach that acts like three spider's spinnerets. Instead of producing silk like a spider or caterpillar would these spinnerets form hair width streams of brass and tin, along with a jet of green fire that eventuall crystalizes, which the neomah releases from her mouth. Then using precise stomach muscle control and careful head movements, the neomah guides theses materials into the shape of any where from a 7' hut to an 80' tower, depending on the neomah's level.

Culture: From the depths of Hell comes an oddly peaceful breed of demons. They listen before speaking and seek to learn before teaching. Preferring to work in the crafting and warping of flesh than torment, warfare and abuse of others. These are the neomah, progeny of the demon lady Berengiere, Weaver of Voices. Unfortunately for them, their calm and peaceful ways expose them to abuse and insult by their crueler brethren. They are artisians who craft great statues and monuments from the fleshy landscape of Hell. At the same time their mastery of flesh renders them among the multiverse's best physicians and allows them to create hybrid life forms. Two fields that all neomah pursue. Neomah can reverse stillbirths and cancer growth and even cure genetic disease in infants and the womb. These are the only services neomah will perform free of charge.

However neomah are recognized most for their great, if alien, beauty and allure, which they inherit from their progenitor Berengiere. This along with shape-shifting makes them some of the greatest courtesans and prostitutes ever known. They help their fellow demons take the edge off the fact that they live in a blasted, eternally noon-lit hellscape with a green, genocidal ball of nuclear fire as their sun and king. Of course they have dual purpose in their liaisons with mortals and fellow demons. Yes they enjoy the various acts of sexual congress they perform, but they also charge their clients in flesh to create new life with later. With all this said a neomah will not kill or intentionally cause severe bodily harm during sex, it's against their nature, along with rape and other forms of sexual abuse. Sadly, neomah also lack the sense of self worth to object to their own mistreatment. However they can learn to overcome that flaw to stand up for themselves.

As a third note, neomah simply lack the same nudity taboos many humans do, but possess enough sense not to venture out in human society naked unless the local standards allow for it. They do share a fondness for jewelry and body decoration. Many of them also carry with them 10 6" long Malfean brass hair pins, laced with aconite, in case of attack.

Alignment: Often True Neutral or Neutral Good

I'd like to add in that eventually neomah can create towers of brass, tin and green fire spewed from their mouths for temporary dwellings. Something like Leomund's Tiny Hut at 3rd level and Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion at 12th level.
Last edited by Agrippa on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
Agrippa

Re: [Mutant Future]New character race: Neomah

Postby Agrippa » Thu May 09, 2013 6:35 am

This page will help explain what some of the rank and file demons of Exalted are like, in case I convert any more of them. Plus I've found an interesting thread on the ethics and morals of demon summoning in Exalted (amung other things).
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Sun May 12, 2013 5:11 am

I'm done with the first draft, ready for comments.
Agrippa

Postby Agrippa » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:44 am

I just noticed a typo I made, but don't worry I just fixed it.
Agrippa

Return to Mutant Future