Interlude in Red Larch

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Interlude in Red Larch

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Rory nods in silence, encouraging the couple to continue their story, munching on whatever appetizers are served in a quasi-medieval setting.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus eats heartily. He makes sure Grinkle is eating too.
greyarea

Postby Atomic Ray » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Han Overfist, augur of Tymora

(Has seems to lose interest and wanders into the kitchen, following the barmaid to be sure but soon is distracted by the cooking...as he joins the cook and ladies prepping food, cleaning dishes, and baking)
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby badams30 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:41 am

Therman smiles and says "As I mentioned, we own much land. Too much to adequately observe and manage. Some of our holdings in the north haven't been worked or even patrolled in years." He pauses, looking about at each of you, then his smile vanishes and he he lowers his voice. "We have a piece of land in the foothills, north of here - about a 5 or 6 day ride. Most of our land is just that - land. But this piece has an old manor and some outbuildings to it. A local man approached us about using the property about two months ago, and we told him it was fine, so long as he gave us a report of what was on the property and how the manor was holding up. That young man, his younger brother and two other locals left to go to the manor for a week. After a couple of weeks we began to worry, and we finally sent out a band of 8 townsfolk. Hearty men, farmers, true, but all capable of defending themselves, and knowing the terrain." He casts a pained, grave glance at you all and says "we haven't heard a thing from any of them, either. We've asked the garrison if they could send a squad, but they told us they can't spare the men, and besides - it's outside their jurisdiction. Edith and I don't give a hoot about the land, or all of our land. But these people are like family to us. I know it's getting along in the season, but I'd compensate you well to go investigate this, and find out what's happened to our people. Cost isn't really a concern to me, but I'll give each of you 250 gold to go up there, find out what you can, and hopefully bring our people home... one way or another. I'll buy you any equipment that you need within reason, and provide you some draft horses and winderness gear that you specify."

Edith wipes a tear from her cheek and says in a cracking voice "Therman speaks the truth. We'd give up all our holdings to see our people back safe. We know that's not likely, but we have faith, but it's time that we don't have. We know we are asking you to cast your lives on the line for people you don't know, but please help us. It's getting cold, and no one else can aid us. You are literally our last hope. If the gold isn't enough, name your price."

They both look at you and Therman says "Forgive me. This is much to cast upon your shoulders. Take the evening to think about it and speak to your colleagues. I will be in town in the morning, and I'll stop by here to check in on you. You can let me know what you decide then." Therman and Edith stand, and bid you farewell. "Have a good evening. You've earned your rest, and I've burdened you needlessly right before your sleep. I'll talk to you all in the morning." They nod at you, and depart.

You sit silent for a moment, and a young boy comes to the table to ask you if you'd like more to drink or eat. "Master Therman has paid for your stay, as long as it may be. If you need more food, drink or anything, please let me know. And he hurries off to refill your glasses and bring some more food.

It's early in the evening, what would you like to do?
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:51 am

Nahin - Elf

Nahin will bid Therman and Edith: Good eve. My companions and I will get back to you soon, please allow us a day or two to put our affairs in order. I'm sure we can help.

Putting a hand up at the boy when he offers more food: No thank you but I will take a refill on the ale. Thank you for the wonderful service. Nahin will discreetly give the boy a gold piece.

To his friends at the table: We have something to discuss it looks like! Oppertunity knocks, again. With a brimming smile.

OCC: 1gp deducted.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:54 am

Nahin, the boy is momentarily speechless, and looks at you like you gave him a $100 bill. "Thank you, master! Please let me know if I can do anything for you! Thank you!" He runs off, and dutifully refills your ales and tidys up the table...

Han has disappeared into the kitchen, and Jayce is keeping a watchful eye on Dak and Grinkle - both of whom are entranced at Melvin's tale du jour.
badams30

Postby kjc » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 am

Jayce - Fighter

While his charges are seemingly entertained and distracted, Jayce slips away to discretely follow the man in brown as he leaves.

"Not to many places to go in this small town, but I had better not follow to closely...or for to long...don't want to walk into another ambush...not like I did back in the Guard..." Jayce thought grimly.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Jayce, you follow after the man in brown robes shortly after he walks out the door. It's starting to get dark, and the sun is just showing the last of it's rays in the sky. The marketplace is quiet and mostly empty, and a cold breeze whistles throught the open area. You look about, and see the man in brown, walking at a moderate pace toward a hitching post at the edge of the marketplace. There is only one horse tied up there, a jet black horse, with black harness and saddle w/ silver trim. He places his staff on the side of the saddle and mounts up, and he starts out toward the way you came from (could be going into the city proper, toward the Tradeway, or just about anywhere. He isn't going fast, just a trot. You can follow him on foot if you wish. Being a sleepy farming town, it's fairly dead out here, so you'd need to take precaution to not be noticed.

What do you want to do?
badams30

Postby kjc » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:55 pm

badams30 wrote:Jayce, you follow after the man in brown robes shortly after he walks out the door...
What do you want to do?

Not get killed :lol:
Hopefully one of the Dutybound will notice that the man-in-brown and Jayce are both missing. Someone will come to kick my butt for splitting the party! :shock:
PM on the way.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus suggests caution with this new venture. But of course the Dutybound will help.
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure