6. The Stone Wood

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 6. The Stone Wood

Postby kwll » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:21 am

While the main discussion is taking place, Meringered tries to entertain the young people he saw wrestle a while ago. He introduces himself, and inquires about the presence of a cleric in the settlement. He also adds: "Have you always been living here yourselves? And what about this horse-lord, Loshad: what do you know about him?"
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Meringered, the red-headed boy looks at you, then turns away. "Matvey," Pyotr scolds. "Say hello to our guest. This is my youngest son, Matvey," he offers in apology. "And his friend, his friend..."

"Boris!" the boy blurts out. "And I hate it here!" He gets up and storms out of the room. Another man gets up, scowling, preparing to give chase, but a girl in a mid-teens jumps to her feet, intervening. Some of you recognize them as the survivors you met from Segenyev, who Bizenghast led here to safety.

Taras gets up and goes looking for Tret.

OC: Sorry, Meringered, nothing personal. Kids, you know. The life of a refugee is a hard one for them.

Any other actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Soldath - Mage

Shrugging at the show taking place in front of him: I remember a great ale last time we were here... may I bother someone for a tankard?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby saalaria » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Tethir - Elf

"So who is this horselord of who everyone speaks ? Is he a centaur?"
saalaria

Postby badams30 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:34 am

Athelstan - FIghter

Athelstan absentmindedly takes a goblin ear from his pouch and tosses it on the table. He glances at Tethir and says, pointing at the ear "That used to belong to one of the culprits of this mess you see about you. The Loshad character may be a nuisance, but my gut tells me that he's just some horse lover and not too keen on those like us who ride his buddies. When we find this Skinny Legs fella, we'll find Stephan and whoever is the mastermind behind this. And then I'll add his ear to my pouch." He takes a big pull from the tankard and then he taps the Duchal crest on his breast and says "I will not rest until I've killed everyone responsible for this." He then gets up and goes to look at the map/tapestry. He nods at Soldath and glances about to the others and says "Let's look at this tapestry, shall we?"

He's mainly addressing Soldath, since he's the smart guy, but he's looking at everyone... "What are the three locations on this map? What about that place in the upper left corner? Do you suppose this might tell us how to find these ruins? I'm not a thinking man, I'm a killing man. But I'm thinking that this tapestry has got to be useful for something, or the bad guys wouldn't want it, eh?"
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:15 am

Soldath - Mage

The tapestry does not come easily to me... I think the island to the north east may hold answers to what we are looking for....
Soldath take a large swig of ale.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kwll » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Meringered shrugs when he sees the boy go out, and understands he will not get any answer to his questions. Hearing Athelstan speak, he timidly says to no one in particular: "That seems to mean a lot of killing...". Then he gets up and observes the tapestry with great interest.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Tret, rogue

Tret eats his dinner in the stables, patting and talking to the horses and giving them bits of apple or carrot or whatever he can find.
greyarea

Postby kipper » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Old Anja

Anja emerges from the kitchen into the great room, where she finds some people intently studying the tapestry. She moves over to look at it herself, burps loudly, then grimaces.

She then directs her attention to Pyotr. "So, is anyone going to show us to our beds, or what?"
kipper

Postby Blood axe » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Harn Hammerhand

Seeing Tret leave, Harn politely asks for a pitcher for his comrade that left.
He takes them out to Tret, sits & drinks with him.
No friend should drink alone.
Last edited by Blood axe on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

PreviousNext

Return to Night's Dark Terror