Skull Mountain: the Return

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: the Return

Postby connivingsumo » Fri May 18, 2012 1:41 am

Dandy

"Grab on the back o'my tunic and 'crouch walk' - I'm putting up my shield and moving forward... ye got one'o them spells to communicate with the group? If not, I say we yell back cuz'n they knows we're here!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby greyarea » Fri May 18, 2012 1:58 am

Bridge battle

Initiative party d6, 2, baddies d6, 1 Party has initative.

Dieter casts his SLEEP spell. The rope bridge provides an unsteady surface for his spellcasting and he needs to make a DEX check (d20 vs Dex 13, 7, SUCCESS). Dieter's fingers weave and the spell is cast. Sleep does not normally get a save but, because of the circumstances (Dieter cannot see the opponents, they have partial cover) I am giving them one anyway. (secret rolls) You hear two thumps from the position.

Dandy peers over his shield. The opponents seem to be down.

Grimes and the others hear and see nothing from their position. They might pace nervously on their bit of stairs but don't know enough to know to advance or not. They stay put.

There is no return fire.

Actions?

Hit points
Grimes 34/34
--Furuk 34/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:05 am

Grimes - FIghter

Grimes says "This waitin' is killing me. I'm going ahead." And he starts to slowly cross the bridge.
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Fri May 18, 2012 11:38 pm

DANDY

IF the arrow fire has stopped, then Dandy will "whisper yell" back to the group (I'm assuming Dandy has some knowledge of how well sound travels in absolute silence of underground - but loud enough for the group to hear him ~ meaning 'whisper yell' OR talk - or mild holler, etc.)...
"Come across mates! We got arrow fire up here... but I think Deeders took care of'em with one'o his spells! ... fer the time bein anyway!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Craigers07 » Sat May 19, 2012 1:09 am

"I'm with you Grimes, let's get over there."

Furuk walks over the bridge at a fast walk with Grimes.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Sat May 19, 2012 1:54 am

Grimes and Furuk walk across the bridge as fast as they can given the conditions. On their way they hear Dandy and motion to Einar to follow too, who does so feeling naked without his cloak.

Dieter and Dandy wait on the bridge and feel it sway harder and harder until the others meet them. It is good to have the light source back, although at first it is so bright it hurts Dieter's eyes to have it nearby.

You're all on the bridge about 40' from the terminus. There have been no more arrows fired at you.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Sat May 19, 2012 2:19 am

Dandy

First, Dandy heads towards the "cover" to look for the "sleepin beauties!" If he finds them (and can get to them) he will put them out of their 'sleeping misery'!! "Ol'Dandeh'll give ye a lullaby... one to put ye sufferin souls tuu eternal sleep, eh!"

He will only do this if EVERYONE has safely crossed the bridge. Given his occupation, his first priority is the health & safety of his companions.

connivingsumo

Postby Spanningtree » Sat May 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Dieter - Mage

That was a lucky shot, we should get over there and dispatch them with haste. Returning the cloak he will take his light source and draw a dart. On to the far side.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Sun May 20, 2012 2:27 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes will make haste to get to where the bad guys are so he can relieve them of their lives.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sun May 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Dieter gives Einar the Elvish cloak back, retrieving his light source in the process.

The party moves to finish off these bad guys.

The bridge ends at a ledge on a sheer cliff. Large stones are piled into a crude breastwork on the ledge, guarding a cave mouth. Above, the cliff slopes back into a hill.

Behind the large stones are the sleeping bodies of two lizardfolk archers. The cave leads to a tunnel where two more lizardfolk warriors are emerging. (roll for surprise, lizardfolk d6, 2, NOT SURPRISED, party d6, 4, NOT SURPRISED)

They looks hostile and one bellows at you as he attacks, obviously an alarm to others behind.

Actions?

Hit points
Grimes 34/34
--Furuk 34/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 23/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain