1. The Village of Pramayama

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 1. The Village of Pramayama

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:32 am

tumblingdice wrote:We haven't eaten in two days. My mother, my children are starving. Can you help us?"

Roikos listens intently as if hoping to unearth some minute detail that would yield advantage in a future battle against the raiders and bandits; then, as if awoken, realizes the man asked a question - his words still hanging in the air.
"Though our backgrounds differ, we are men and women of righteousness, backed by a righteous cause. May our Goddess strike us should we refuse you. Never would we turn away victims of evil in their time of need; come, eat with us and rest your bodies." The Cleric motions to the makeshift camp.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:02 am

Aristide - Thief

Aristide smiles at the child and says quietly "Come, I'll help find you something to eat." He pauses and says quietly to the Rashan fellow "did you see any leaders? Anyone giving orders? After you've had a chance to eat, perhaps you could share some of this info with us. But most importantly, let's get you some food."

OOC: Aristide will lead the people to where they can get some grub.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Zelaz perks up when he hears the tale. Tell us of these monsters. Monstrous men or truly the creatures of nightmares?
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:52 am

Though you are short on provisions as it is, you manage to scrounge up enough food to feed the refugees. The group eagerly devours the first meal they've had in days, and you see them start to relax as hunger releases its grip on them.

"Many thanks," Rashan says in answer to your kindness and hospitality after he has eaten his fill. He turns to Zelaz. "They came in the dark; it's hard to say for sure. The faces of the men were so twisted, so fierce was their rage, that I could not tell man from monster. Some had fangs, orcs I believe. A few large goblins, too. One beast, tall as my house, refused to die. So bad was the smell. We chopped off its legs, and then the head. But the limbs came crawling back. It got up, and chased after its own head!"

One of the children begins to cry. Rashan continues. "It was all such a mess. Darkness, smoke, fire. Screaming and cursing. I could not tell you how many there were, or who was in charge."

The door of a nearby hut bangs open, and out comes an enormous suit of plate mail with a bald, scarred red face popping out of the gorget. The door slams shut behind it.

Captain Sarras.

"Well, if it isn't the goddam welcome wagon!" he hollers, looking in contempt at all the new faces and mouths to feed. "Where'd you scare this sorry bunch up?" He turns to Tasrem. "Did you invite them to lunch, and then forget? Never mind! I don't want to know. You there!" he says, pointing a stubby finger at Taranna. "And you, you, you and you! Guard duty! Tonight. You too, pretty boy," he adds, nodding in the direction of Aristide. "And keep an eye out for Bishop Guillaume! He and his scouting party went out yesterday morning, and haven't returned. Crazy fruitcake!"

With that, Sarras storms across the rubble strewn square, and away to check on his men at the other end of the village.

Some hayseed militia man from the foothills of Darokin, scraping the remnants from his bowl of gruel, flashes a smile short a couple teeth. "Looks like the captain's in a good mood today."

Actions? Any more questions for the refugees?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:49 pm

Taranna

Taranna shrugs and continues to work mumbling: Aye, we should be finding out what happened at this village. Not scrubbing pots and pans...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Zelaz agrees with Taranna. Indeed. That one creature in particular sounds interesting. I'd like to see how it stood up to my magics. Cold, lightning, or fire could finish a creature such as that. I wonder what would happen if we experimented on it one limb at a time... And the wizard seems lost in his thoughts...

I may need to find some acid... Yes... He says to himself.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Aristide - Thief

Aristide smiles and gives Captain an authentic hearty salute as he departs. He then glances at the others and says "Guard duty, at least some excitement." He then walks over to Taranna and flashes his pearly whites, bowing slightly and says "Perhaps you'd like some help with your task at hand? I'd be honored to assist." Whatever the answer, he continues with his effervescent smile and says "Tell me, what brings you to these trackless wastes? Surely not searching for this "Army" that's lost itself. There's more to this than meets the eye. I can feel it." His gaze drifts off and his smile fades. He shifts his eyes back to Taranna and says "I am at your service, should you need something, just say the word, good miss, and I shall be here!" With a flourish, he rolls up his sleeves and tries to assist her with the cooking.

OOC: Being of fairly high upbringing, Aristide isn't quite an accomplished domestic, but he tackles all tasks with cheerfulness and 100% effort no matter how poorly he performs at it.
badams30

Postby kwll » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:16 pm

Silent when the captain poured his bitterness on the newcomers, Tasrem End turns to them afterwards and smiles: "Don't mind him, he has this encampment to take care of, and it goes through his nerves sometimes." Then he goes about helping feed and heal whoever needs it.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:45 pm

Zelaz chases down Captain Sarras. Oh Captain, he calls out, getting his attention. What can you tell me of Bishop Guillaume? You said his scouting party is missing? Shouldn't someone investigate this? Where were they scouting and who was in his party?

Since you obviously didn't mean to include me in something so menial as guard duty, my considerable talents might be put to use finding the Bishop. Well, my talents and that of the "Guides," as you call us. Much better sitting round here waiting for trouble to approach us, don't you agree?

He puts his Charisma (15) to use...
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:26 am

Roikos: Cleric
Looks at the faces of the refugees made to feel guilty for something as simple as hunger and fear. He says quietly to the Father and Mother of the children, "Please don't take Captain Sarras' remarks personally; earlier this year he was castrated in combat and it's been very frustrating for him ever since." The Cleric then offers the couple a wink and nods at their food scraps, "Don't worry about him, you just keep eating."

Roikos then discusses the watch schedule with his companions - who's taking which shift, or if we're all doing the whole night together, etc.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads