Compiled Labyrinth Lord Poll

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

Would you like LL and AEC compiled in one volume or two volumes?

One volume
78%
Two volumes (separate player's handbook)
15%
No preference
7%

Total votes : 104

Re: Compiled Labyrinth Lord Poll

Postby elf23 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:54 pm

I like the idea of 2 volumes, as then players would be able to just buy the "PHB" book, which would be cheaper than a "PHB+DMG" book due to its lower page count. I also prefer slimmer books in general.
elf23

Postby cmc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Not sure if smaller would matter that much, due to the way LULU's pricing works. It is not much more for a 200 page book, than a 100 page book. The main cost difference in lulu is in the dimensions of the book or the cover.
cmc

Postby elf23 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 pm

cmc wrote:Not sure if smaller would matter that much, due to the way LULU's pricing works. It is not much more for a 200 page book, than a 100 page book. The main cost difference in lulu is in the dimensions of the book or the cover.

Hm I just checked it out and you're right. Books with less pages are cheaper, but not by a huge amount. (10.80€ vs 12.80€, for a 100 vs 200 page hardback, for example.)

I still prefer slimmer RPG books anyway, personally :D
elf23

Postby Black Wyvern » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:06 am

Hmmm? Then that doesn't really make a phb version worth while. Switching to just one book.
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Postby RAD Colin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 pm

A bit of a wish list, but I'd love a deluxe LL+AEC that:

1) Incorporates all the errata
2) Expands the bestiary to include all the Fiend Folio critters available via the Tome of Horrors (imagine that, most of the MMI, MMII, and FF critters in one book!).
3) Adds an INT value to each bestiary entry, both to help less familiar GMs portraying such critters, and so they can all be more easily used with Realms of Crawling Chaos and its psionics rules.
4) Adds optional Ascending AC rules (1 page will cover it, with bestiary entries having a second ascending AC number in brackets after the descending one) - it's a popular option.
5) Adds LL-specific versions of Bard and Barbarian classes for those going the AEC route.
6) Possibly adds the Psionics rules from Realms of Crawling Chaos as an entirely optional appendix (love 'em or loathe 'em, psionics are part of D&D's legacy).
7) Uses the adventurers fighting Orcus as the cover art.

Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

Postby GreyKatana » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:58 pm

If you want a boatload of monsters with optional ascending AC get the S&W edition of the Tome of Horrors Complete from Frog God Games.
http://talesofthefroggod.com/tome-of-horrors.html
GreyKatana

Postby Blood axe » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:09 pm

GreyKatana wrote:If you want a boatload of monsters with optional ascending AC get the S&W edition of the Tome of Horrors Complete from Frog God Games.

$100? Is that a joke?
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Black Wyvern » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:33 pm

Blood axe wrote:
GreyKatana wrote:If you want a boatload of monsters with optional ascending AC get the S&W edition of the Tome of Horrors Complete from Frog God Games.

$100? Is that a joke?

You would think!
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Postby BattleBrotherBob » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Well the PDF is only 30. Plus it is probably about a Billion pages (only slightly off there). With 700+ monsters its not that bad. The time to hop in was for the Kickstarter for SW complete. That wound up being a deal.
BattleBrotherBob

Postby RAD Colin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:41 pm

I don't like the single save approach used in S&W, and I say that as someone who owns a copy of the S&W ToH. I'd like to see a deluxe LL/AEC with the FF monsters included too, not because I just want more monsters, but because it would make the book awesome beyond compare and I love LL a LOT more than S&W.

Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs - Award-Nominated Publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine games!
RAD Colin

PreviousNext

Return to Labyrinth Lord