Swords Against the Outer Dark

This area is for people to discuss and/or advertise their blogs. Material for sale should be advertised in the Advertisements forum.

Swords Against the Outer Dark

Postby Mangus » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:17 am

Hello all,

I am glad to see the new forums up and running. This post is mainly for those who are new to these forums, but I welcome all the regulars as well. I wanted to direct everyone's attention to my blog, Swords Against the Outer Dark. Here you will find a lot of support for Labyrinth Lord, lots of old-school gaming goodness, as well as plenty of discussion and analysis of the Weird Tale circle of pulp writers and the impact they had on fantasy gaming. Recently my blog showed up on a most popular OSR blog list ranked number 15, as well as 5th on a "Hottest OSR Blog List", which means I picked up 30 readers in a month and a half. :twisted: This makes me very happy! Thanks to everyone who follows my ramblings on a regular basis!

Earlier this fall I announced I am working on a Labyrinth Lord supplement that will be self published via Lulu. The title of the book will be Swords Against the Outer Dark: Sword & Sanity Roleplaying. For the uninitiated, this is my take on using the Labyrinth Lord rules to run a mash-up of cosmic Lovecraftian horror with the sword & sorcery genre of fantasy. So far, I have made great strides toward the completion of the book, and I hope to have it available early in 2011. I have a very talented artist working with me on the project, but it is still a little early to announce who it is... but I hope to be able to share this very soon with everyone. In the meantime, hang in there and be patient with me. I am writing as quickly as I can. My goal is to release the best game supplement I possibly can, so this one is a "its ready when its ready" kind of deal...

I have a few goodies to offer the Labyrinth Lord community, so if you haven't already, please take a look:
Swords Against the Outer Dark -- Where Sword & Sorcery Gaming Meets Cthulhiana and Yog-Sothothery

Facebook / Twitter
Mangus

Re: Swords Against the Outer Dark

Postby Dyson Logos » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:56 am

I hate to say this, but somewhere along the way I completely missed your awesome blog, Mangus.

Gotta go, have many, many posts to read over there.... :D
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby Mangus » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:04 am

Dyson Logos wrote:I hate to say this, but somewhere along the way I completely missed your awesome blog, Mangus.

Gotta go, have many, many posts to read over there.... :D

Well, at least you found it! ;) That is what this forum is all about, getting the word out there and building a community around the games we love. Check out my stuff, and I hope you find something useful.
Swords Against the Outer Dark -- Where Sword & Sorcery Gaming Meets Cthulhiana and Yog-Sothothery

Facebook / Twitter
Mangus

Postby Mangus » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:06 am

I forgot to add, if you are on Facebook, come by and say hi...

Swords Against the Outer Dark on Facebook

Facebook / Twitter
Mangus

Postby The Venomous Pao » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:31 am

I'm glad you've already gotten a new reader out of this, Shane. Cthulhu knows more people need to be reading your site! Y'all hear that, people? Get over there and dig in :)
Old School, New School and other bloggy bits at StrangeStones.com
The Venomous Pao

Return to Bloggers