Through the Never

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Through the Never

Postby badams30 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes nods at the fella and says "Nice to meet you. I'm not sure how we got here. I'm a fightin' man, not so much a thinkin' man, if you get my drift. Heck, I don't much know where here is, except for your helpful description of here. There, or whatever limbo is." He smiles like a dope and looks at Dieter for guidance.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:19 pm

Dieter - Mage

We came here by way of a map that had an imbedded incantation. Upon speaking a command sentence reality faded and here we are.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Iskeelka frowns at the mention of the map. That does not seem right. There should not be a gateway from your plane to this one. Were you attempting to go somewhere? May I see the map?

Perhaps something drew you here. If that is true, then you must find a way back. I can tell you this: I did not draw you here, nor can I return you. It seems you will need to find who or what brought you here...

He reaches out his hand to look at the map.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes gives Dieter a wary glance as this fella asks to see the map. "Perhaps you could just show it to him, eh, Dieter? If this map did somethin' bad to us, we wouldn't want nothin' to happen to ol' Iskeelka, would we?

OOC: Out on a limb here, but don't know if I trust this guy with the scroll that got us here.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:14 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will show him the map but not hand it to him. Does this look familiar in any way?
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Iskeelka looks at the map. You can see it as well, the shapes undulating on the page, never coalescing into shape. The words the same.

This is portal magic, says the denizen of Limbo. It should have taken you to... someplace known as the Tomb... Hmmm...

He narrows his eyes and his fingers dance. I can see the traces of the magic. The spell was ... not broken. No...

He looks at Dieter, eyes locking. Hijacked. Someone, unknown to me, brought you here. This is most interesting. Perhaps it has to do with that thing, gesturing at the pyramid. I cannot enter but it destroys the balance of this place. There is a being or artifact of tremendous power there. Although I am master of this domain, I have no power over it. Perhaps it is there where you will find the way to this Tomb the map mentions.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:41 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes says, perhaps just a bit too loudly: "Then that's that. We go to the pyramid. I've got a bone to pick with anyone who hijacks THIS group of people." He points Wave at the pyramid and says to the tall man "Have you seen anyone come or go from that place? How long has it been here?"
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:10 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will look at the pyramid: I guess we go and check it out.
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:47 pm

Iskeelka peers at Grimes. Notions like "how long" and time are impossible to translate here. The pyramid has been here a day or for ever: neither or both. There have been others who have made their way there. None return, that I've seen. It is a place that I notice only when I notice it. Each time there are others, sometimes from where you are from, sometimes from elsewhere, who need to enter the pyramid. I know not why nor can I join them. It is not for me.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:54 pm

"If this tomb is so nasty," Castinus muses, "why would someone try to kill us here first? Seems like a lot of trouble."
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain