Interlude in Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Interlude in Hommlet

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:48 pm

Morgan will accompany his brother to the temple.
Oc: Will update equipment list tonight.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:07 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will purchase:

Flint and steel
10 torches
50' silk rope
2 spikes

and replenish his rations. He'll follow Morgan to the temple and see if it's possible to purchase potions of healing with a 1200gp donation.

OCC: Sheet updated. Glad the negotiations are over... Tavin was going to start the 4 seasons extended deluxe Tai Chi form that takes a full year to run through. Just to bide his time.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:07 am

OC: Please let me know if you purchase more.

The Church of St Cuthbert is a new building: the ivies have not even grown more than knee high. The door opens, unlocked and easily, and reveals the great hall. his is where the faithful come to hear the sermon given on Godsday eve. The place is floored in well-polished wood, with wooden ceiling and pillars extending all the way to the roof high overhead. The walls are painted in pastoral scenes, and tinted glass mosaic windows of many shades of color allow light into the hall. There are no benches, pews or stools.

A man approaches the party from the processional, smiling as he greets you all: Welcome to the Church. I am Calmert, a humble servant of St Cuthbert here and...ahh, Thurwin! Have you had success in your travels? I hope you were able to find your brother. The world needs more paladins. Are these your friends? Have you heard about the strange priest? I've had many of the simple folk of this town asking me about it. I hope you are here to make a donation to the good cause of St Cuthbert!

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 10/10 <4,2>
Morgan 18/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 <CLW>
Caydon 11/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <Sleep x2, Stinking Cloud>
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:25 am

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin smiles and waves as he approaches Calmert, bowing politely. "Calmert, it is good to see you again, I decided to come at a more fitting hour this time. Please, this is my brother, Morgan, and our esteemed colleague Tavin." Thurwin winces at the mention of Fr. Redmond's antics and he says simply "yes, the priest who had joined us had some odd ways, but I assure you, he was a man of good." He moves along...
"I am sure you have heard about our foray to the moathouse, and our battle with the evil priest inside? Well, we've recently ventured beneath the Evil Temple and have found much ill doings afoot. Undead, hydras, earth temple flunkeys, all manner of bad things beneath. We've made quite a dent in the ranks of evil, but have barely scratched the surface, I fear. I have come to you with some coin to help you in your efforts, and to ask if you could assist us with some healing aid, as we are without a priest at this time."

Thurwin will hand over his bag of 600GP, and will motion for Morgan and Tavin to present their donations. We'll see what Calmert says when presented with such riches.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:01 am

Morgan greets Calmert with a nod and a handshake in the name of Heironeous. He forks over 900 gp, including some coin from before he joined the group. He also donates his suit of splint mail and his shield.

OC: Character sheet updated with equipment, including plate mail and shield +1 found in temple. Do I assume correctly that Morgan got that? Also, Morgan started the game with 340 gp burning a hole in his pouches. I spent some of that for stuff that I should have bought when I started the game, like a holy symbol and clothing, without the 10% markup, since it's likely he would have had that stuff to begin with. Everything else he bought in the village included the 10% markup. Either way, he just gave most of it away. He now has 47 gp, 6 sp, 2 cp left.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will bow: Hello Calmert, I am Tavin. I travel with these two in an attempt to eradicate the evil that spoils the land. I would like to contribute to your noble cause. Placing a bag of 1200gp on the floor. I hate to ask but our travels expose us to creatures that bid us injury. Would it be possible to ask for some healing potions if you have them?
Spanningtree

Postby kwll » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Calthas is ready to to spend 1200gp for healing potions or other magical means. He wonders if the Jaroo would be able to help as well (and make a profit doing so)?
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby merias » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:39 pm

kwll wrote:Calthas is ready to to spend 1200gp for healing potions or other magical means. He wonders if the Jaroo would be able to help as well (and make a profit doing so)?

Effric was hanging out with Jaroo making a donation during the negotiations, so he will ask while there if Jaroo can offer any help.
merias

Postby greyarea » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:28 pm

Calmert is thankful for every donation. This is wonderful. As you can see, the church is quite new so there are still projects we would like to do to better serve this community. Every measure of gold and silver help.

As to magical potions, we don't have that sort of thing here. We do have holy water, if that is your goal. You have given me enough in donations that I can get some vials for you,
(he procures 24 vials from the other room) but our Canon Terjon is no potion-master. Do you not have a healer among you? I know that paladins of Heironeous can perform some acts of healing...

Hold on...

He disappears for a bit and then returns. I just spoke to Canon Terjon. He says that if we can gain more gold for the church, then I can go with you. I have healing abilities and this... he produces a mace that was hanging from his belt. It says RIGHTOUSNESS on it. If you'll have me.

+++++++ Meanwhile, at The Grove +++++++++++++++++

Effric approaches the Grove, home of Jaroo the druid. This is obviously a place of worship. The trees are neatly pruned, and the grass is well tended. A carefully placed line of bluish stones sets off the path leading to a rock cairn where flowers, nuts, berries, and garlands of leaves are placed. A small path leads beyond the shrine to a low-roofed wooden building placed under the great boughs of the central oaks of the copse. A large black bear greets Effric and a moment later, Jaroo Ashstaff appears from the structure. Effric makes his donation (how much?) and Jaroo smiles.

At the request for help he says, My son, you should know that I am troubled by your tale of the Temple regaining power. I cannot leave my flock here to assist you: there is too much work for me to do here. These are my people and I need to attend to them and protect them here if need be (the black bear howls and hugs the druid when he says this) so I cannot leave. However, I can give you something to help you on your trip.

He disappears into the building. The black bear licks Effric's hand and soon Jaroo reemerges. Healing potions have I not. However this decanter will ever provide you water on your journey. Please return it to me when you are done on your crusade: I've kept it around in case of drought, which seems not a fear this year, praise the earth. He hands Effric a Decanter of Endless Water.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 10/10 <4,2>
Morgan 18/18
--Calthas 13/13
Tavin 9/9 <CLW>
Caydon 11/11
--Thurwin 13/13 <Sleep x2, Stinking Cloud>
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:55 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin bows: The potions would merely be a consolation to sharing this wealth. I feel we would be blessed to have your presence.
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk