Winds of the Ice Forest

This forum is for publisher introductions, particularly for publishers who are licensees of Goblinoid Games' titles, but other publishers of relevant products are also welcome. This area will replace the publisher forums below by April 5th 2011.

Winds of the Ice Forest

Postby JVWest » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:04 am

Hi

I recently published a 1st-3rd level module for Labyrinth Lord called "Winds of the Ice Forest". Check it out!

Winds of the Ice Forest

JV West
JVWest

Re: Winds of the Ice Forest

Postby greyarea » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:39 pm

I picked this up and I must say that I am quite jealous. I hope to run this sometime, but as a quick note of some of the things that I thought were awesome in this module:

• Safe igloos
  • New stuff: monsters, magic items, and a new class
  • the HP tracker for every monster and encounter. Genius and simple.
  • nice adventure hooks
  • and best/worst of all: written and illustrated by JV West. Very cool that you did both (lacking the necessary skills, I envy your talent).

I've been considering a campaign in a snowy setting, with a town as a center for the setting. The Ice Forest would work in great with that.

Kudos!
greyarea

Postby Blood axe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:29 pm

I kicked in $2 for this too. I haven't had a chance to do more than scan it. Do you plan on converting your other adventure " Howler" to LL too?
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby JVWest » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Blood axe wrote:I kicked in $2 for this too. I haven't had a chance to do more than scan it. Do you plan on converting your other adventure " Howler" to LL too?

Hey, sorry I missed your post for...MONTHS.

Yes I do. In fact I just finished doing the conversion over the holiday break and Matt is doing the layout (he laid out Ice Forest). I'm bringing both modules under a single cover and interior style that will be pretty much exactly like Ice Forest with a few tweaks.

And they'll be offered in print as well. I'm not sure if that will be through RPGnow or Lulu for the print options.

And the timing is in the air. Just depends on when Matt has time to finish up with the layout.
JV West
JVWest

Postby JVWest » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:29 pm

greyarea wrote:I picked this up and I must say that I am quite jealous. I hope to run this sometime, but as a quick note of some of the things that I thought were awesome in this module:

• Safe igloos
  • New stuff: monsters, magic items, and a new class
  • the HP tracker for every monster and encounter. Genius and simple.
  • nice adventure hooks
  • and best/worst of all: written and illustrated by JV West. Very cool that you did both (lacking the necessary skills, I envy your talent).

I've been considering a campaign in a snowy setting, with a town as a center for the setting. The Ice Forest would work in great with that.

Kudos!

Hey thanks for the compliment!

I ran this a couple of times and had a blast with each one. It's the kind of module that can be easily tweaked, expanded, and made to fit just about anywhere.

I'm pretty sure my next one, which is also set in a snowy environment, will feature a village or town and will be kinda sandboxy. The working title is "Tea With Monsters".
JV West
JVWest

Postby Blood axe » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:46 pm

JVWest wrote:
Blood axe wrote:I kicked in $2 for this too. I haven't had a chance to do more than scan it. Do you plan on converting your other adventure " Howler" to LL too?

Yes I do. In fact I just finished doing the conversion over the holiday break and Matt is doing the layout (he laid out Ice Forest). I'm bringing both modules under a single cover and interior style that will be pretty much exactly like Ice Forest with a few tweaks.

And they'll be offered in print as well. I'm not sure if that will be through RPGnow or Lulu for the print options.

And the timing is in the air. Just depends on when Matt has time to finish up with the layout.

Its ok...I know you are busy making cool (ice! hahaha! get it? ) adventures!

Maybe some other themed adventures? Desert. Tropics.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby JVWest » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Blood axe wrote:
JVWest wrote:

Its ok...I know you are busy making cool (ice! hahaha! get it? ) adventures!

Maybe some other themed adventures? Desert. Tropics.

Oh yeah, sure. But my modules sort of follow my actual campaign. The current campaign is taking place in Frimmsreach region, which is the frozen north of my world of Gnarl (which will be developed through the modules to some degree). If the PCs ever move south you can expect a jungle adventure.
JV West
JVWest

Return to Publishers