Interlude in Red Larch

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Interlude in Red Larch

Postby badams30 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:01 pm

At the Troll, Han works the crowd like a seasoned professional, spreading mirth and cheer. He even helps break up a fight and gets the two brawlers to shake and make peace. By the time the night is over, more than half the occupants of the Troll are sporting snazzy "T's" in chalk on their foreheads. And Han - Fern is pleasant to speak with, but she politely rebuffs your advances. Although before you can become too despondant, you are beset by two very burly, very tall women of good proportion and muscle. They introduce themselves as Darla and Wilma, sisters from Neverwinter and caravan guards. While they aren't pinups, they are in excellent shape, and aren't hideous to look at. With the moderate amount of alcohol you've consumed, it's just enough to make them look pretty. And they make it clear to you that their intentions are to um... uh... spend some time with you, so as to get some special blessings from Tymora for their long journey north tomorrow. They withdraw to continue the celebration, but tell you that if you are interested in helping the two out, that they'll be waiting when the Troll closes its doors. While the merriment goes on, Buck can be seen occasionally speaking to caravan guards and other occupants of the inn. Rory, if you wait till close, Fern will be there waiting for you, she says she has a small room a block away.

And at the less-rowdy Triboar Arms, Nahin arrives to see the others at the table, but before he has a chance to join them, Marcus steps from the bar and motions for him to join him quietly away from the table.

(I'll wait to see what KJC posts before we carry on with the Triboar Arms.)
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Rory, being a red-blooded American male, or rather a half-even Waterdhavian male, waits till close. :D
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus pulls Nahin aside, his eyes never leaving the table. The new one that joined the others at table radiates evil. I will keep guard from here, but you might want to help direct the conversation in case this one is a spy for our destination.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:35 pm

Nahin - Elf

Got it. He will say to Marcus. Taking a seat at the table he will nod to Grinkle and their visitor. Hello there, my name is Nahin. My friends and I have come to the north in search of the white elves. They only move during the winter time, hence our timing. Have you heard anything of their migration?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby kjc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:31 am

Jayce - Fighter

Jayce opens his mouth to explain that he and the crew are swords-for-hire who are currently "between" assignments. Instead he bites his tongue as Nahin joins the table. Upon hearing the white elves tale, Jayce, with raised eyebrows, can only add "Yup."
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby badams30 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:18 pm

At the Troll
The party continues unabated until the bar closes. Han has stoked the fires of celebration so much that several drunken patrons are forcibly evicted by the bouncers. As the bleary-eyed patrons leave, Han is left with his two ladies of the caravan. They quickly whisk Han away to their small tent astride the caravan grounds, where the next several hours are less of worship to Tymora than a session of gymnastics. Before the sun rises, the women start to gear up and bid Han a fond farewell, and thank him profusely for Tymora's blessings.
As the bar closes, Rory meets Fern, who leads him to her flat a short jaunt down the street. Despite her earthy occupation and pedestrian accomodations, she proves to be pleasant company, and after a pleasurable evening, she invites you to stay till morning, and coyly invites you to drop in and see her when you return.

At the Triboar Arms
Nahin joins the conversation, and without skipping a beat, Dak (with a mouthful of food) belches an almost supernaturally loud blast, then says "Ehh, Nahin... ermmmm, what you doin' here? Try dis grub, its reel good... mmm num num... " and he continues to eat, with reckless abandon. Eyes shift from Dak to Nahin, and the stranger smiles at Nahin, "White elves, eh? No. I can't say that I've ever heard of such elves." He glances about, eyes briefly pausing on Marcus, then he settles his gaze back on Nahin. He squints his one good eye, and with an icy smile and almost sinister tone he says "I can see that my company does not please you. Very well." He rises to his feet, brushing off his robes. He continues "I am just an old guide trying to help travellers such as yourself, and earn a few coins in the process." He smiles an unsettling smile that sends a chill down your spines and he says quietly "A word of advice: the winter winds and snows are upon us, and mean nothing other than a cold lonely death for those who venture unprepared into the mountains. You'd be best served to turn back now, rather than tempt the fates of nature." His smile fades and as he turns to leave he nods and says "Good luck and fair travels to you on your search for your elusive elves...."
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:47 am

Nahin - Elf

We really appreciate the advice. Many thanks! Nahin will wait for evil to leave.
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:28 am

Rory thanks Fern for a lovely evening. He's so taken with her that he abandons his original plan of robbing her in her sleep. :o

He then joins his friends at the Triobar Arms, walking in as the evil guy is walking out.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:14 am

Nahin - Elf

Seeing Rory: By the gods, your fast! He will say with a smile kicking out a chair for him.
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:21 am

Spanningtree wrote:Nahin - Elf

Seeing Rory: By the gods, your fast! He will say with a smile kicking out a chair for him.

Oh wait, it's not the next day yet over in this tavern, is it? Oops. Hmmm...what to do...
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure