Beneath the Moathouse

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Beneath the Moathouse

Postby kwll » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:38 pm

"Yes, how to get to this temple?" asks Calthas after Tavin. "And what do we know about this Iuz character?"
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby kjc » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Caydon - Rogue
Caydon squirms in his seat as he listens, uncomfortable in the presence of all the authority types assembled.
Last edited by kjc on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Lareth looks at Thurwin, I don't know who this brother of yours is, but if he's a do-gooder like the rest of you then he's probably dead. And good riddance. My band was just one of many in service of the temple, but we were all kept separate from each other so as to foil questioning like this!

The Temple is south and east of Nulb. It's filled with those in service of the great Iuz. I've not had the honor of spending time there, other than my own ordination, but you boys don't stand a chance.

He turns to Tavin, No way to approach undetected, son. The road is direct and the temple is in the center of a compound. Not that sneaking up will do you any good. The moathouse was an outpost, the Temple is the main event, he concludes with a laugh.

Then you see the countenance of his face change. The spell has run its course and the new master/prisoner shuts up.

Terjon takes this moment to interject, Iuz is an evil god. His is the domain of oppression, deceit, wickedness, and pain. He is the polar opposite of the good St. Cuthbert of the Cudgel.

We could cast another Command on him, but I fear we have all he will give. At least we know what he said was true. The council must decide on his fate.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will turn to his comrades: Our destination is clear... I will see you at the inn later. Tavin will make his way to the blacksmith and inquire about making some shurikens before tomorrow. He's willing to pay 1gp each if the smith can produce 10 before the next morning.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:14 pm

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin listens to Lareth impassively, then thanks Burne, Rufus and the others. "what will become of this fiend? I hope the gallows is his fate."

Thurwin will head back toward the inn for some rest and to launder his clothing and re-equip with some rations and consumables.

OOC: Does the party mind of I keep the scroll we found that had the Magic User spells on it? I think it had fly and a couple others. If the consensus is that it's okay, Thurwin will transfer the spells to his spellbook. If he needs supplies to do so, he'll ask our benefactors Burne and Rufus if they have any for sale.
badams30

Postby GreyKatana » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:36 pm

OOC: What's the treasure split? How much did we all receive if we sell gems, jewelries and the likes?
GreyKatana

Postby merias » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Effric will make his way to the Inn after searching for some silver weapons to purchase (daggers and/or sling stones).
merias

Postby greyarea » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:02 pm

The council deliberates for a short while. They come to a decision.

Mytch, the Miller speaks: We haven't the means for keeping this new master for long times. We aren't Verbobonc and haven't its oubliette nor its gallows. That said, the Lord Viscount of Verbobonc allows this fair village and this council the authority to run itself as we see fit, including the meting out of justice. Therefore, we will execute this prisoner by the sword. He will be allowed audience with Terjon or Jaroo to seek absolution before he is lead to the rear of this hall and is put to death by the sword.

When Terjon and Jaroo try to speak to Lareth, they are rebuffed with spittle and crass words. The prisoner is lead outside and Terjon says a blessing over the sword of Elmo's father before it is plunged into the heart of the evil cleric. Lareth dies with a curse on his lips, claiming that the Temple of Elemental Evil will rise again and destroy this village and all good in the land.

You return to the Inn of the Welcome Wench, which is much more sedate than any other time you've spent there. The meal is hearty but there is no joy in it. Your rooms, service, and drink are on the house.

When the smithy, Brother Smith, is approached by Tavin and Effric about their requests, he says that he can't even begin to make those: shurikens may as well be an Orcish word and he has no experience with silver smithing. He points you to the traders, related to the ones you saved, who are still in the village. You find an exotic armorer there who gives you a discount. He produces twenty throwing stars for the monk for 10gp and has a variety of silvered daggers, from dirks to Bowie knives, for the druid, although no bullets. He sells them at a deep discount, a mere 15gp each, in thanks for rescuing their friends.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:57 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will bow to the merchant: My thanks, I'll take the stars and two of your silver daggers for 4 platinum. Producing the coins he will hand them over. After the transaction he will return to the inn and purchase a modest meal while discussing next steps with the party.

OCC: Sheet updated, 4pp removed, 10 throwing stars added, 2 silver daggers added.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Effric, Druid

"Ah, very fine craftsmanship, many thanks and I'll have two of your silver daggers," Effric says handing the merchant 30gp. He'll then continue to the Inn with Tavin.
merias

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk