The Village of Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Village of Hommlet

Postby badams30 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:39 am

Thurwin - WIzard

Thurwin finishes his food and says "I think I may pay this Calmert fellow a visit in a bit, if anyone cares to join me." He'll ask where he can find him, and head over that way with whomever wants to accompany him. He leans in toward the center of the table and says "While we're out, lets find out where this boathouse place is. Sounds like we might find some action thereabouts."

OOC: Thurwin will ask Ostler the directions to the boathouse.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Ostler laughs. Did I say "boathouse"? I meant "moathouse". I sometimes mispronounce things. My wife tells me I have a trick tongue, but I suppose it's better than a sharp one, eh? It's about a league away from here, shouldn't take you more than an hour and a half on foot, although going anywhere at this time of night is risky. We really need better roads. I should bring it up to the village council tomorrow night at their meeting. Not that they will do anything about it, but that's what happens sometimes. I heard that one of the stonemaster's apprentices twisted his ankle real good when walking about at night. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the drink I sold him. It's these roads, especially at night, with their ruts and holes. And with the moonlight and a torch, if you're smart, which he wasn't which is probably why he's a stone-mason's apprentice and not an inn owner. But even if you are brilliantly smart, like Burne or Rufus, the roads are tricky at night. The color of everything is off and the shadows play tricks with the eyes. At least you've got two of them though: saw a fellow came through here a few weeks ago with a patch over one eye. He said he lost it in an accident but the scar said differently. Glad to see him off. His wife smelled of fish, which I suppose makes sense as they were selling dried fish, but I still didn't like the looks of him. Good fish though. Sometimes we don't get the best boarders here but as long as they pay. Speaking of which... He leaves you to go and join two men who just came down from the upper level: a huge hulking fellow and a small, thin chap with a long staff.

A potboy comes by and gives you quick directions to the moathouse. :oops: It's a few miles away to the east of town.
greyarea

Postby kwll » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:31 pm

While drinking his brandy after having quickly eaten his plate, Calthas looks at Effric, then Thurwin, then Effric again. "Agreed, I will go in the grove see this Jaroo with you." he says, before making himself ready to depart.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Gelatinous Q » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:17 pm

"You southerners and your weird gods," Grimulf mutters. "I'd rather take stock in what some honest villagers have to say about things."
Gelatinous Q

Postby merias » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Effric - Druid

Hearing assent from Calthas and Rilo, Effric prepares to depart for the druid's grove. He will reserve a private room for the night before doing so, and throw a few silver on the table to cover dinner.
merias

Postby kwll » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:22 pm

Calthas suddenly realizes that he does not have any coin left, and that he will probably need to sleep outside tonight...
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will try to party up with the locals and bar maids. He'll spend 2 gold on his en-devour also covering sleep in the common room, unless he gets lucky.

OCC: 2gp deducted.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby merias » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:13 pm

Effric, Druid

kwll wrote:Calthas suddenly realizes that he does not have any coin left, and that he will probably need to sleep outside tonight...

Effric spies Calthas feeling his pockets and coming up empty.

"Calthas, you can sleep on my floor. Not as soft as the forest, though, eh?"
merias

Postby badams30 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:40 pm

Thurwin - Mage

Thurwin reiterates his offer for anyone to share his private room if they wish. (He's got some gold left over, so it's not a big deal.)
Also, he will ask for directions to see Calmert. Once he's done eating, he'll make his way over there with anyone who wishes to join him.

BTW - the two conspicuous types who came downstairs, what are they doing?
badams30

Postby fumanstu » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:50 pm

Rilo, feeling slightly embarrassed, will take Thurwin up on the offer as he has no money for a room of his own. Then he'll finish up his meal and be ready to leave to see the Druid.
fumanstu

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk