Tex Mechs Mecha

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Tex Mechs Mecha

Postby MythAdvocate » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi folks!
I have been tinkering around with this concept for a bit, and thought I would share.

TEX MECHS: BG-J1M
Hit Dice: 30
Frame: Biomorph
Locomotion: Legs (Pair)
Manipulators: Basic Hand
Armor: Duralloy Armor (AC 3)
Sensors: Class IV
Mental Programming: Programming
Controls: Neuro*
Accessories: AV Recorder, Comm unit, Gas Mask, Inertial Inhibitor, Loading unit, Self-repair Unit, Storage Unit (300lbs)
Weaponry: Blaster Rifle (right hand), Maser Rifle (left hand), Fists (10d6). Sometimes handheld weapons.

The BG-J1M is a base Tex-Mechs unit, and has so-far been a stalwart backbone to the Alamo Empire's fighting machine force. Tough, versatile and relatively fast, these mecha have been deployed all over the Empire's borders. Many large monsters and the smaller sorts of Kaiju have come to grief when fighting these units. The BG-J1M is 12 feet tall and weighs 2,400lbs. Pilots in these vehicles are equipped with a weeks emergency rations and cargo space for 300 pounds of personal gear. All units are powered by an atomic battery that probably won't give the pilot cancer.
Neuro* control systems links the mecha directly to the pilot's brain. It works by picking up the electrical impulses from the pilots brain, and so the mecha uses the pilots to-hit bonuses, but uses its own damage. Also, the Pilot can see through the machine's sensors with displays built into the cockpit. The downside of this system, is that damage to the machine could hurt the pilot with a nasty neuro-feedback surge (save vs Stun to avoid taking half damage).
Last edited by MythAdvocate on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MythAdvocate

Re: Tex Mechs Mecha

Postby seneschal » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:46 pm

I like it. It is both practical and goofy; former Texas is defended by 12-foot robotic cowboys. :D
seneschal

Postby greyarea » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Friggin' awesome. I would love to have one of these in a campaign. Maybe I'll toss one in somewhere. :)
greyarea

Postby MythAdvocate » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:34 am

seneschal wrote:I like it. It is both practical and goofy; former Texas is defended by 12-foot robotic cowboys. :D

EXACTLY! I was thinking that they would bellow "REACH FOR THE SKY" too.

In my campaign world, two of the remaining powers since the war are The Alamo Empire and CostMart. The Alamo Empire is the last vestige of America, with a thoroughly southwestern feel. CostMart is a mix of Walmart, Costco, B.J.'s and all of the other bulk-item stores now run by its automated systems (and staffed by replicants who die before mandatory promotions kick in). Together these powers create all kinds of weirdly wonderful gadgets, for good or ill.
MythAdvocate

Return to Mutant Future