If loving the Keep is wrong...

For discussion of all things Labyrinth Lord.

If loving the Keep is wrong...

Postby crookedrook » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Well, if we're here...

So, after decades away, years of wondering, and months of talking, I am finally running an Old School game again. I'm using all the new technology and material available to me with laptop, wiki, LL pdfs and the like, but the books at the table are currently only my old B/X rules (and, of course, The Keep). I've made a few decisions on the fly, sort of kind of created a fighter subclass on the fly, but for the most part, I'm sticking pretty close to the rules as presented in B/X or LL. Bits from here, bits from there.

Ahhhh... The way it SHOULD be. It sure is good to be back.
---
1981 doesn't seem quite so long ago now.
Clicking my Elven Boots together and saying, "There's no place like the Keep, there's no place like the Keep..."
crookedrook

Re: If loving the Keep is wrong...

Postby bighara » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:34 pm

bighara

Postby Blood axe » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:02 pm

Awesome!!

I live right next door to the Keep. Im the Mad Hermit. Watch my cat!

They also have a Silver Edition- Return to the Keep- 20 years later. Things have changed a bit. I ran that adventure on the old GG forum.

I love The Keep. Im thinking about running another PBP game here using the old Original Keep adventure- just as written- no changes. Level 1 characters.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby monk » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:11 pm

The ogre in the cave just killed Arthur the Fighter on Thursday night! Nat 20!
Thurwin the Bibliophile, 1st level Fighter (Stonehell)

http://wizardsmutantslaserpistols.blogspot.com/
monk

Postby Blood axe » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:45 am

I LOVE YOU! :D

[url]Image[/url]
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby petespahn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:11 pm

crookedrook wrote:Well, if we're here...

So, after decades away, years of wondering, and months of talking, I am finally running an Old School game again. I'm using all the new technology and material available to me with laptop, wiki, LL pdfs and the like, but the books at the table are currently only my old B/X rules (and, of course, The Keep). I've made a few decisions on the fly, sort of kind of created a fighter subclass on the fly, but for the most part, I'm sticking pretty close to the rules as presented in B/X or LL. Bits from here, bits from there.

Ahhhh... The way it SHOULD be. It sure is good to be back.

Nice! Keep us posted!

Pete
Small Niche Games
NEW: Tower of Boon Companions: A Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox adventure for 3rd-5th level characters.
Also check smallnichegames out on Google+
petespahn

Postby bighara » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:18 pm

monk wrote:The ogre in the cave just killed Arthur the Fighter on Thursday night! Nat 20!

My 7yo daughter's cleric delivered the killing blow to the ogre in a session over two months ago (max damage with her flail). She still talks about it. :D
bighara

Postby crookedrook » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:40 pm

@bighara: I wasn't much older than that when my cousin tortured me in the banker's basement of the Keep. Oddly fond memories.

I created a table of sorts that gave a social status with the starting cash and some additional penalties for rolling low and bonuses for rolling high. I've got a Cleric of noble blood with a treasure map, an outcast dwarf with a flock of sheep, and down on his luck knife fighter. The Cleric hired the other two for an expedition into the woods north of the keep (and we all know who that means they encountered...)

Tomorrow I hope to have a fourth player and intend on getting them lost, the cleric possibly kidnapped, and a bandit attack... And, then there was that crazy fellow with the cat and his comments about... What was it? "Walking Bones?"

Yeah. Taking some liberties, but what's the fun of a sandbox with out tossing the kids some new toys?
---
1981 doesn't seem quite so long ago now.
Clicking my Elven Boots together and saying, "There's no place like the Keep, there's no place like the Keep..."
crookedrook

Return to Labyrinth Lord