Re: Red Eye

Postby Miraje » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:19 pm

:lol:
-- If you let their characters die, they stop suffering... --
Miraje

Postby kjc » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:45 am

Coach
The vampire claws it’s way back into the fuselage. Weakened, battered, and stripped naked by the 500 mile-per-hour wind shear on the outside of the plane, the creature pauses for a moment as it considers it’s next kill.

Neglecting to put on an air mask, Steven, panicked and delusional due to hypoxia, crawls toward the Aft Galley. He decides to rest…just for a moment…on the floor between some seats. Mercifully the freezing temperature and lack of oxygen will finish him before Connelly has a chance.

Tommy’s mind races as he looks for a way to finish the creature. He quickly opens the overhead compartment, hoping to find something heavy to hurl at the monster. His hand finds a heavy satchel, one of the specialized bags that Max had used to transport the now dead rat-things, and Tommy slings it at the creature framed by the hole in the side of the plane. With all of the strength the Irishman can put behind it, the bag flies true…only to be knocked aside, almost casually, by a slight flick of Connelly’s wrist.

Breathing deeply from an air mask, Bart uses Tommy’s distraction of the creature to charge forward and launch a desperate flurry of attacks! The first punch connects solidly with Connelly’s face, snapping his head back…the second blow is rebuffed by the vampire (although clearly the creature staggers). Chester and Whiplash rush forward to join the fray as Bart's final blow, a vicious kick to the chest, finishes the blood sucker even as it hurls it once again outside the plane!

Knocked unconscious, a vampire turns to mist. The creature once known as Connelly will not be able to return to it’s coffin, which is 1500 miles away. The sun rises in less than three hours…it seems this piece of the Darkness has been vanquished, the players are victorious! 8-) :D

No I did not fudge the die rolls (although maybe I should have given Bart a bigger penalty due to darkness and fog :roll: ) Bart's final blow sent Connelly squarely unconscious and knocked him back five feet!!! :mrgreen:

Final Actions? Loose ends? Cover stories? Hide the bodies? Oh, and you are on a damaged jet a loooong way from dry land...
Actions?
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby Miraje » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Tommy

Tommy clings desperately to his seat, cold, aching and miserable. Then he realizes that even if he survives to reach solid ground, he's likely to spend a fair bit of time behind bars unless the remaining survivors either forget him and what he's done on the plane (like shooting an innocent woman in the face) or decide to cover for him as part of a "survivors' club".

He starts to chuckle to himself, a laugh that slowly becomes louder and faster, eventually turning into an almost mad, maniacal cackle.

Gods, where are his cigarettes, and a full bottle? :o
-- If you let their characters die, they stop suffering... --
Miraje

Postby badams30 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Whiplash - Total Rockstar!

Whiplash exhales loudly and makes his way back toward Shelley, pausing to grasp his backpack and feel the comforting outline of a bottle of whiskey inside. He says to no one in particular "Man, I need a drink." He cycles his gaze at all the surviving folks who helped and gives them a thumbs up, even pausing with Chester and tapping his noggin saying "No hard feelings, dude."

OOC: Heading back toward Shelley and a seat.
badams30

Postby merias » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:38 pm

Bart straps himself into the nearest seat, taking in gulps from an oxygen mask. Exhausted and surprised to be alive, he stares unfocused at the fore cabin...

"Attention passengers, as you know we have a serious issue on our hands, but we're still flying. I've radioed ahead and they'll be ready for an emergency landing at LAX. Stay in your seats, keep your oxygen masks on while we get to a more comfortable altitude for you."

Chuck the pilot radios in the emergency and tries to take the plane safely to a lower altitude...he worries about the fuel burn at low altitude and warns his remaining crew to ready for a water landing, but doesn't mention that to the passengers just yet...

OOC: Cool ending!
merias

Postby jcftao » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:36 am

Steven falls into unconsciousness as his oxygen starved brain struggles with the events. Mercifully the cold slips away as well. He thinks of a warm sunny day along the Hawaiian shoreline and sighs contentedly.

Chester forces his way back to a seat and struggles into the air mask. Buckling himself in, he mutters, "...when I get back to LA, there ain't no way I'm flying this airline again!"
jcftao

Postby kjc » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:55 am

Cockpit

Captain Mitch Hardy, Co-Pilot
Capt. Hardy checks his calculations again, then sinks back into his chair. Turning to Capt. Becker (merias) he curses."You're right Becker. I've rerun the numbers ten times. We ain't makin' LAX. We need to prep for a water landing." He stares at Becker, and then at Maria. "Well Captain, I quess you should make the announcement. The good news is that we are at target altitude, the passengers should at least be comfortable..." he says before laughing at the irony of his statement.

Actions?
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby merias » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Capt. Becker

"Attention passengers, we're burning a bit more fuel than usual at low altitude, so it will be necessary to make a water landing. I'll get us as close to the mainland as possible, and we have plenty of time to prepare. The Coast Guard is being contacted and should be waiting for us nearby. So keep your seatbelts fastened and listen to the crew, who have been trained for just this sort of thing."

Becker turns to Hardy. "Figure out the closest we can be to LAX and still be flying before we ditch, then relay that position to ATC and the Coast Guard. This should be fun to explain, eh?"
merias

Postby greyarea » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Connelly

All misty and such, Connelly clings to the fuselage like dew...
Sorry blood sucker, no dice! -kjc
greyarea

Previous

Return to CRYPTWORLD