Timemaster PbP now looking for players!

Post your online or in person gamer meetups here! Post here if seeking to start a game.

Timemaster PbP now looking for players!

Postby sniderman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:24 pm

"Recruited in the present, brought to the future, and sent to correct the past."

I'm looking for six fresh new Time Corps cadets who are ready for their first mission into the Continuum. This play-by post game will use the Timemaster rules, although I can do the "heavy lifting" for those folks who are still trying to work out how the system works.

The game is a rerun of the adventure I ran at Gary Con titled "Postage Due." Here's the blurb:

An undelivered letter in mid-1800 America has thrown the timeline into chaos. What does this single piece of correspondence contain that makes it so critical to future events? Time Corps agents will be dispatched to the point of incursion to ensure the mail goes through!

Pre-gens will be provided just to keep things moving on this one-shot. It might be a good way for some folks to get introduced to the system, the setting, and the nuances of the Action Table System! If you want to learn how to play, no better way than to hurl yourself headfirst into the Continuum! Post in this thread if you'd like more info or wish to sign up. (Six PCs max.)
sniderman

Re: Timemaster PbP now looking for players!

Postby kipper » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Ready, sir! *salutes*
kipper

Postby greyarea » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:55 pm

IIRC, I committed to this months ago. Guess that means I'm in.
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:37 pm

Sounds interesting - I've never played anything like it as I've only played fantasy & sci-fi.

What classes/races are the pre-gen characters?

For someone like myself (absolute noob), what can you say about the game, the idea (like LL/AEC is stay alive+get magic items+gold+level+have fun), how it works, etc.?

*anyone that knows the system can respond, not just the OP. :D
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby sniderman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:58 pm

connivingsumo wrote:Sounds interesting - I've never played anything like it as I've only played fantasy & sci-fi.

What classes/races are the pre-gen characters?

For someone like myself (absolute noob), what can you say about the game, the idea (like LL/AEC is stay alive+get magic items+gold+level+have fun), how it works, etc.?

*anyone that knows the system can respond, not just the OP. :D

Timemaster doesn't really have "classes/races" as everyone is a human from various years throughout world history. Since you'll be playing pre-gens for this test-run, you don't need to worry about generating a character for this "get to know the system" round.

If you've read a description of Timemaster, you have an idea of the game -- as a Time Corps agent, you're given a mission to complete. The timeline's been altered or fouled up somehow and it's up to you and your team to go back in time, investigate the anomaly, and somehow set the timeline back to historical accuracy. However, those who changed the timeline will be fighting you every step of the way. Think of it as an investigative game/police game ala Gangbusters or Call of Cthulhu, only with time travel.

The neat thing about Timemaster is that each mission could be in another era. The same character you play could travel to medieval England in one game, the Civil War in another, World War II in another, prehistorical times in another, the Old West in another, etc.
sniderman

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:16 am

Sed fugit interea fugit irreparabile tempus, singula dum capti circumvectamur amore!

(But meanwhile it flees: time flees irretrievably, while we wander around, prisoners of our love of detail)

I would be of the inclination for participation in this proposed situation :)

PS
If you have a pre-gen from a damaged or ruined future world, that might be fun :shock:
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby sniderman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:51 pm

OK, we have four agents signed up, so that should be enough to get started. Busy weekend, but I'll be dropping PMs to you with info, your pre-gens, etc. I also need to get a subforum set up down in the PBP game area.

Stay sharp cadets! Your first mission in time begins shortly!
sniderman

Return to Gamer Gatherings