Open License Question

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Open License Question

Postby hartwell » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi all! I've been writing modules for use with Labyrinth Lord rules and posting them for free on my blog. How do I follow proper legal requirements regarding open license? I noticed that some bloggers simply post the open license agreement on a page of their blog for reference later on. Is that all I need to do? Any help is appreciated!

http://www.digitalorc.blogspot.com
hartwell

Re: Open License Question

Postby Dyson Logos » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Technically you have to include a copy of the Open Game License with every OGL publication you release. For a blog, you could just have the OGL as a page on the blog and indicate what you are releasing as Open Game Content and that everything else is Product Identity. Don't forget to update your section 15.

For the Labyrinth Lord License you need to include specific language indicated by the terms of said License.
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby hartwell » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:37 am

Thanks. I got a OGL page up and need to update the section you mentioned and update the lang. Thanks!
hartwell

Postby YHWH » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:16 am

Are you trying to open-source your module or are you just trying not to get sued?
YHWH

Postby hartwell » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:53 pm

More so the later.
hartwell

Postby YHWH » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:43 pm

I think the OGL is more for publishers; if they get C&D'ed and told not to distribute something they've spent thousands printing up copies of, that's a big deal for them. Not so much blog writers.
YHWH

Return to Open Discussion