Mini Six Is Now In Print

For discussion of other games.

Re: Mini Six Is Now In Print

Postby Black Wyvern » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:54 pm

My western game has openings. The style is a bit different though. Each player has an individual thread with guest appearances in other players threads. The threads are open to the public, so feel free to check it out. Playing on myth-weavers http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17775
Black Wyvern Press
Black Wyvern

Postby harmyn » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know we are up and running again. We have posted blank character sheets including a fill-in version for those who like to type.

We also have a great edition from Marcus for Farnsley's Phantasm Investigation. It is all sorts of fun.

finally, Ryan has also provided us with an updated version of Zombies Ate My Best Man. Definitely worth checking out.
harmyn

Postby The Venomous Pao » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:58 pm

All this good stuff is at http://www.antipaladingames.com/ I'm guessing :)
Old School, New School and other bloggy bits at StrangeStones.com
The Venomous Pao

Postby harmyn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:26 am

Thanks for adding the link VP, I was at work and had to get back to work so was a bit cut off and forgot to include it. :oops:

Black Wyvern , I had stumbled across your western game. Looks like a lot of fun. We would love to hear how it goes for you.
harmyn

Postby The Venomous Pao » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:43 am

harmyn wrote:Thanks for adding the link VP, I was at work and had to get back to work so was a bit cut off and forgot to include it. :oops:

Glad to help, amigo! Stupid jobs, expecting us to pay attention to them. Don't they know there's geek stuff to be done?!? :D
The Venomous Pao

Postby Surfing HalfOrc » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:39 am

Just downloaded some of the settings and have been looking over "The Metaphysical Constables Gazette." Pretty cool stuff and all done on a microscopic budget. Writing up some character sheets right now.

EDIT:
OK, I'm just checking to see if I did this right: A thief character (based loosely on Sly Cooper)
Might 2D
Staff 3d+1

Agility 4D
Dodge 6D
Stealth 5D

Wit 3D
Pick Lock 4D

Charm 3D
Streetwise 4D

Perks
Attractiveness
Destiny

Complications:
Personal Code

Dodge: 18, Block: 6, Parry: 9, Soak 6

Posessions:
Staff 3D+1

Gear:
Staff
Lockpicks

Sly is the main character froom the Sly Cooper series by Sucker Punch Games (And they REALLY need to make a new one!) He has a Destiny to regain the Cooper Fortune, the treasure his family has aquired over the centuries. Sly has a Personal Code of Honor, in that he only steals from other criminals (with the lone exception of an infiltration of Interpol's headquarters to steal back his dossier). While not as tough in a fight as his friend Murray, he can certianly hold his own. He specializes in second story work, leaping from rooftop to rooftop, running along high wires, and other gravity defying hijinks.

I'm not looking to "optimize" this character, just if I got the basic math down right. Let me know if anything is glaringly wrong.
Surfing HalfOrc

Postby Surfing HalfOrc » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Just adding a post to bump thread, and hopefully get someone to review my above character. I'm not looking for optimization, just if I got it right.
Surfing HalfOrc

Postby The Venomous Pao » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Surfing HalfOrc wrote:OK, I'm just checking to see if I did this right: A thief character (based loosely on Sly Cooper)
Might 2D
Staff 3d+1

Agility 4D
Dodge 6D
Stealth 5D

Wit 3D
Pick Lock 4D

Charm 3D
Streetwise 4D

Perks
Attractiveness
Destiny

Complications:
Personal Code

Dodge: 18, Block: 6, Parry: 9, Soak 6

Posessions:
Staff 3D+1

Gear:
Staff
Lockpicks

I'm not looking to "optimize" this character, just if I got the basic math down right. Let me know if anything is glaringly wrong.

I couldn't help you optimize if I tried, since I'm still so new to the system, too :) That said, here's what I've got:

* Stats add up to 12, good
* As written, Perks cost whole skill dice, not individual pips (which it looks like you were using), so with those two perks you've overspent on skills. Attractive & Destiny add up to 3 whole dice (yow!) which should - at default levels - leave you with only 4 dice to spend on skills.
* As listed above, your Parry (at least with the staff) should be 10, not 9, since you add pips to the Skill X 3 (in this case, 3D X 3 + 1 pip = 10) total for defenses.
* As listed above your damage with the staff should be 3D+2 since damage is equal to your Might dice (2D) + the weapon's damage (1D+2)

All-in-all not a bad first run, though, SHO. I know I outright mangled my first couple of attempts a Mini Six characters, so you've got me beat already :)

Hopefully harmyn or someone else who knows D6 better than I do can confirm what I've said above, since it's all based on my own relatively limited understand of and experience with Mini Six.
The Venomous Pao

Postby Surfing HalfOrc » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:22 am

Oh, OK. I hought the Complications acted as negatives; as in taking a Complication gave you an additional Perk.
I think i calculated the parry when I had originally selected a knife, and forgot to change it when I shifted weapons to the staff. I just plain messed up on the plus for the staff... I guess I must have read the mace damage line.
Surfing HalfOrc

Postby harmyn » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:10 am

Good character, the only tweaks are the way dice were spent on perks and the adjustment to Parry. On skill dice you can easily run a game and declare that each character starts with 10 dice instead of 7 for a particular campaign. It just depends on what you are wanting to go for. For one game I ran I gave out 30 dice but limited 10 to skills. The other 20 dice had to be spent to purchase supernatural perks to represent the powers of each character.

As for Complications, we didn't go with the getting of bonus dice during character creation for complications because we wanted people to try and play up their complications instead of munchkin them. You get 1 bonus CP each time they come up during a game. If your Complication is never a hindrance, then you get no points for it. Codes of honor can come up. In the vigilante supers game I ran, one character vowed to not attack someone who was unarmed. It gave her a few stumbling blocks but was all sorts of fun.
harmyn

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games